PDA

View Full Version : How many meets a year?

Travis Bell
01-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Curious how many meets a year you guys do?

Meets are great for discovering weak points and being able to look back and see training deficiencies.

But having one to look forward to is a great way to keep training intensity up as well.

How do you decide how many meets to do?

ScottYard
01-05-2014, 10:07 AM
I do 3 per year. March, July, and December. I do that because I need a reason to train mostly. If I didn't have a meet I'm sight I would miss workouts lol.

vdizenzo
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
3-4 a year. I like to compete. I don't know that I would be motivated to train without competing.

Brian Hopper
01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm a 2-3 kind of guy, lol. Last year I did 2 and this year might be the same. If I can though, I'll try and do three this year.

Mark!
01-05-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm shooting for 2-3 this year. Last year I did 2.

muscle_g
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Usually 1-2 meets a year. They can be pretty expensive!!

Chris Rodgers
01-09-2014, 08:21 PM
I am shooting for 2-3 per year from now on.

joey54
01-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Past two years it has been just one. Right now there are some other things I don't want to part ways with yet, so it makes it difficult to do more than that. My perspective is if I am going to do a meet, it better be for a purpose(meaning to set some pr's) since they do take some coin out of the pocket. If I am not close to that at the time I would be competing, I simply don't do the meet and start planning for the next one.

Niko_El_Piko
01-11-2014, 04:35 PM
3/4 a year. Fortunately now we have official RAW meets in the IPF so its absolutely great. I found that I prefer RAW meets over equipped.

SEOINAGE
01-15-2014, 10:27 AM
My first year of competing last year I attended three meets. I plan to avoid anything in or around the summer as preparation takes over other things I would like to do, and I would like to spend as much time out doing things while it is warm. So I was thinking two this year, May and November. With a possible meet in March that I won't go all out with. I am trying to wrap up the final and most intense part of my year long cut by the end of March. If I'm still not satisfied I don't want to complicate things with adding the stress of an upcoming meet that I want to use as a qualifier, so if things happen a certain way I might just end up with one meet a bit later in the year, or do one earlier without attempting to qualify.

In the future I want to keep my bodyfat in check, and then would like to attend more meets, maintaining should allow me to do so and recover, so I might get in 3-4, but that all depends on everything else going on in life.

Phillip Wylie
01-15-2014, 02:37 PM
2 to 3 per year.