PDA

View Full Version : electric stim

ScottYard
01-06-2014, 06:05 PM
I picked up an electric stim machine. A handheld one. It feels like the one my chiro uses. Stim always helps my little strains and pulls feel better. Does any one use one here? My back is a little beat up. I'm thinking of using it as a warm up tool before I do my light mobility stuff pre squat workout. Any one doing this?

Mark!
01-06-2014, 11:18 PM
I got a friend who's been through the ringer with injuries, plus kidney disease. He uses his quite a bit for minor tweaks and strains, swears by it. I haven't used it yet, but he's always offering it to me.

Travis Bell
01-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I have one as well that I picked up a few years ago.

It's a nice tool I've found for like AC joint stuff or any forearm/elbow stuff as well as my neck.

For deeper stuff I actually made a kind of impact massager out of a jig saw which works 10 times better than the stim

ScottYard
01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I have one as well that I picked up a few years ago.

It's a nice tool I've found for like AC joint stuff or any forearm/elbow stuff as well as my neck.

For deeper stuff I actually made a kind of impact massager out of a jig saw which works 10 times better than the stim

What is the jig saw thing? Sounds wild

Brian Hopper
01-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I have one also, and I'll use it every now and then. I've actually never thought about using it as a warmup tool, I might have to give that a try.

Jonathan E
01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I love them. But personally prefer using it post-everything.

Travis Bell
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
What is the jig saw thing? Sounds wild

haha I'll try and remember to post a picture of it tomorrow.

It's really impressive how much it helped. Basically I took a jig saw and took one of the blades. Wrapped the blade in electrical tape (obvious reasons) and then took a chair leg cup (smallest one I could find). I filled the chair leg cup with JB Weld and stood the blade inside the full cup for about 24 hours (I used tape to hold it straight).

After then I just put the blade back in the saw and used it on my shoulders and forearms. Its a little abusive but works wonders for me.

MarcusWild
01-07-2014, 10:26 PM
I have one too. It's great. I also have ultra sound which is great for tendonitis.

vdizenzo
01-08-2014, 05:34 AM
I never got much out of stim. I have stopped ART and chiro also. Since working on conditioning, foam rolling, and dynamic stretching regularly my body has held up much better. I also do corrective exercises/stretches when something is flaring up. The best thing that has ever happened to me is having an athletic trainer for a training partner. He guides me through just about every glitch I have as of late. He works at a very very prestigious prep boarding school. He has worked with many NHL guys. It's amazing what someone can do when they really know their trade.

Invain
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
haha I'll try and remember to post a picture of it tomorrow.

It's really impressive how much it helped. Basically I took a jig saw and took one of the blades. Wrapped the blade in electrical tape (obvious reasons) and then took a chair leg cup (smallest one I could find). I filled the chair leg cup with JB Weld and stood the blade inside the full cup for about 24 hours (I used tape to hold it straight).

After then I just put the blade back in the saw and used it on my shoulders and forearms. Its a little abusive but works wonders for me.

I've heard car buffers are great as well.

ScottYard
01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
I never got much out of stim. I have stopped ART and chiro also. Since working on conditioning, foam rolling, and dynamic stretching regularly my body has held up much better. I also do corrective exercises/stretches when something is flaring up. The best thing that has ever happened to me is having an athletic trainer for a training partner. He guides me through just about every glitch I have as of late. He works at a very very prestigious prep boarding school. He has worked with many NHL guys. It's amazing what someone can do when they really know their trade.

I never had ART. I quit the chiro too. I love this stim machine though. My back was aching a week ago and now its sore but I squated and pulled heavy with out pain.

Phillip Wylie
01-15-2014, 02:36 PM
I have a ESTIM machine and it has worked great for me. I tweaked my upper glute a few years ago and it would never fully heal. I used a couple times and it fixed my glute problem.