PDA

View Full Version : How Often Can You Cheat A Little.. ?

MonStar
07-21-2002, 10:34 PM
Okay guys I have some questions.

As many of you know I am going back to the basics with dieting and all that. I am sticking to eating clean bodybuilding foods like chicken and steak and milk and potatoes and all that.

I am trying to gain strength while gradually dropped that last bit of bodyfat.

I am wondering I want to actually *live* a little. I mean not binge and cheat often at all but eat a slice of pizza every now and then or drink a soda or just something along those lines. Maybe have a scoop of ice-cream.

What do you guys think about this? Please give your opinion and why.

Celestial
07-21-2002, 10:37 PM
Once a week, on the weekends. Why cause you need to, other wise it will cause u to binge eventually, we are all human after all. nd lso it throws your body into not going into a fat storage mode....keeps its guessing:)

Behemoth
07-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Yeah, but definetly take the random aproach. Don't sit down and figure out when your going to cheat a little. Just know that if an opportunity comes where it's very hard to resist, and you know you have the self control to not do it again for a while. Then go ahead and eat the slice of pizza.

MonStar
07-21-2002, 11:04 PM
Yeah I know what youre both saying. Its just hard to eat clean 24/7 thats all. I was wondering how often a little bit of cheating wouldnt hinder my fat-loss gains etc.

BCC
07-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Cheaters never prosper tuttut

Goin_Big
07-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Bah Chase, your opinion don't count cuz you're a bodybuilder. He's a normal human being :D

I dunno, even when dieting I cheat alot :)

Davy
07-22-2002, 12:16 AM
I take something what i want too now and then.
Its normal , you cant resist all that good food 24/7 :)

This weekend it had some little meatballs too , the smell whas soo great , i could not resist it , they were in front of me :)
It whas allready like 2 months ago a had some , so i didnt worryd about and eated 4.

Now i can stand it for some weeks i think.

BCC
07-22-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Goin_Big

I dunno, even when dieting I cheat alot :)

It's not dieting if you're cheating :p

Maki Riddington
07-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Don't cheat Ironman.
No excuses for you to make yourself feel better about your rampant binging on fast foods.

Shocker
07-22-2002, 01:55 AM
I find it hard to cheat with all the food I am eating. In fact to gain weight, it is almost essential for me to cheat constantly but I cheat with dairy based sweets like ice cream and cheese. I am eating silly amounts of food and I may gain about 2 pounds per month tops.

Yesterday I ate a carton of egg whites, 500 grams of cheddar, a litre of double chocolate ice cream, two bowls of brown rice, a 450 g tin of tuna in oil, a litre of milk, a bowl of oats, a barbeque chicken pizza, vegetables, 400grams cottage cheese, whey, 500grams of yoghurt and half a loaf of lebanese bread with hommous plus 6 beers and a large slice of fresh salmon in olive oil.

I say eat real food rather and be careful when the word "Ingredients" is written on a packet. i.e. permissable is milk, ingredients: milk. Can of tuna: ingredients - tuna.

As opposed to what you cheat on Monstar as in - ingredients: sugar, monhydroxitate benzodrene, fefylanalate 50, articifical sweetener, concentrated animal fat gum etc etc.

GIS
07-22-2002, 02:14 AM
IMO you have to figure out what's more imporant to you:

Eating what you want when you want and just enjoying food but still watching what you eat on the average day

or

Strictly dieting so you can enjoy the results of a lower body fat %

Neither is better than the other... you just have to figure out what is more important to you. I personally would rather have 11% BF than 10% and enjoy my occasional pizza, burger, and/or candy bar.

GuitarPlayer
07-22-2002, 06:56 AM
my guess is that your metabolism is so jacked it won't matter what you eat as long as it's not in ridiculous amounts

Behemoth
07-22-2002, 11:34 AM
BCC, do you ever cheat? Honestly, you seem to have the strongest will power of anyone around, just wondering if you EVER do?

Reinier
07-22-2002, 11:37 AM
i cheat only from laziness.... unwillingness to prepare ****

Blood&Iron
07-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Honestly, as evidenced by your journal I think FOR YOU a little cheating is an oxymoron. You seem incapable of stopping once you start, so unless you've developed some will-power in the last day, I'd avoid cheating entirely. I'm not trying to bash you, but it's the truth. For normal people, I'd say a scoop of ice cream or a piece of pizza is not a big deal, even if consumed daily, if calories are kept in check.