PDA

View Full Version : Winter vs. Summer fat loss.

Natural Animal
07-21-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey, I'm in Australia and it's winter here.

I was just wondering if it's easier to burn fat in summer than in winter.
Do our bodies naturally produce more fat in winter than in summer as an insulator to the cold?

I'm having a tough time trying to lose fat around my mid-section this winter. I was always a very lean person up until my "bulking phase" 10 months ago in which I ate everything in site and put on about 45LBS (from 132 to 178 approx. in no time). Then I hit weights and cut back on my daily cardio (mountain biking) which was all I used to do. I am now around 160LBS and am tossing up between getting cut for summer or continuing some serious size gains.

Can I do both???

How many cans of tuna should i eat a day?

Do cortico-steroids such as those I'm using for asthma make u put on fat???

Is this post in the right section?

Behemoth
07-21-2002, 10:59 PM
You CAN do both, it's going to be a slower process than doing both separetly though.

How many cans of tune?
0-100 (unless your afraid of mercury poisening). Tuna is a GREAT source of protein, and for your weight you probably want about 150+ grams daily. Each can has about 35 grams so it's an easy source. If you want to get if from chicken and beef or anywhere else you please, that is fine also. The important thing is amount, not where it comes from.
I don't know anything about the steroids.
Yes the post is in the right section, welcome here!

Natural Animal
07-22-2002, 03:05 AM
Thanks guy....mercury poisoning!!!! OMG!!:help: :p

YatesNightBlade
07-22-2002, 04:26 AM
It is important that you get your protein from a range of sources.

Eggs
Chicken
Milk
Beef ....etc etc.

Shao-LiN
07-22-2002, 07:10 AM
Winter vs. summer? I don't think it matters. As far as I know, your body either moves more warm blood across the skin or constricts the blood vessels to retain the warm blood...as well as behavioral processes such as shivering and stuff.

Otherwise, people would get fatter during winter for reasons other than splurging on Christmas day =P.

stantheman
07-22-2002, 07:42 AM
Did you say that you went thru a bulking phase without lifting?

ryuage
07-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Do cortico-steroids such as those I'm using for asthma make u put on fat???

I don't think it makes you put on fat but it makes u appear bloated.. at least from my personal experience and people I know it does.

Natural Animal
07-23-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by stantheman
Did you say that you went thru a bulking phase without lifting?

Well I ate heaps and lifted heavy but probably not correctly in my backyard before joining the gym and getting serious.

I probably put on about 15 pounds before hitting the weights though as a buffer because I was underweight IMO. I used to mountain bike too much and not eat nearly enough, I like being big better than being small by the way.