PDA

View Full Version : pasta as your 1st meal of the day?

iLUDEd
07-22-2002, 10:47 AM
one serving has 70g of carbs and about 28g of protein when had with mince sauce..
i recon this would b ok because sometimes i have 4hrs str8 at uni so i need a big breakfast..

anybody think this is a bad idea?

galileo
07-22-2002, 10:57 AM
I think it's an "ok" idea.

If you're bulking, especially.

When you wake up you are in a catabolic state similar to after working out. By ingesting a higher GI carb with protein you are shuttling the good junk into your muscles while your amino pools are low. I think your glycogen levels should be somewhat normal, but since you haven't eaten in a long time you will still be using those first carbs for good stuff.

While bulking I am going to see the effects of a maltodextrin + protein shake in the morning and post workout (on workout days only). Before bed I will eat a bunch of cottage cheese, so with any luck, catabolism will be limited.

You must feel pretty 1337 for t41k1ng 11|<3 7h15.

iLUDEd
07-22-2002, 11:02 AM
i was thinking of using is as my cutting diet, i think it should be ok coz its in my diet ive origonally planned out, its my 2nd meal, so im just switching meal 1 with meal 2...

lol, n the way i type.. hrrm well its kinda a habbit from mirc, its kinda really annoying when im typin up an essay for uni and i got a shitload of typo's hehe