PDA

View Full Version : Graze eating

07-23-2002, 01:11 PM
I remember hearing once that everytime you ingest any type of food, you release enzymes in your stomach that can be hard on the stomach. Thefore graze eating can be bad? Whats the actually theory behind this or is it a myth?

I ask this because I like to graze eat broccoli. I have trouble getting down 100g along with something like 18tbsp egg whites and 2tsp flax oil all in one meal. Therefore, 1 hour prior to my meal, I'll eat like 20g of broccoli every 15 minutes.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-23-2002, 01:59 PM
What is released into the stomach depends on what you eat.

The stomach has a protective layer to combat things like these (y'know that orangey looking bits of carrot that come up when you throw up after too much boozing? that's the stuff...)

I think i know what you're referring to though, there's something on it on Rob Faigan's site i think.

Gimme a sec.

~runs away looking for info~

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-23-2002, 02:02 PM
http://www.extique.com/askrob7-1.htm#7-1-2

Is that what you're thinking of, maybe?

jc_az
07-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
I remember hearing once that everytime you ingest any type of food, you release enzymes in your stomach that can be hard on the stomach. Thefore graze eating can be bad? Whats the actually theory behind this or is it a myth?

I ask this because I like to graze eat broccoli. I have trouble getting down 100g along with something like 18tbsp egg whites and 2tsp flax oil all in one meal. Therefore, 1 hour prior to my meal, I'll eat like 20g of broccoli every 15 minutes.

I've been a "grazing" type eater for my entire life. Even as kids our parents fed us 5-6 small meals daily.

To-date, no problems.

Podium Kreatin
07-23-2002, 05:39 PM
um, doesn't our stomachs have mucous? the cells in our stomach replace every 24 hours, and can resist 6M HCl! i dont' think enzymes are your stomach's worst concern.