PDA

View Full Version : info on psyllium husk powder

07-23-2002, 04:42 PM
I just picked up a 1lb package of psyllium Husk Powder (100%) from a health store today.

I need this stuff to add more fibre to my diet. I need to soften up my dongs (sorry for being discriptive).

Now to my question - Is this stuff 100% fiber? in other words, a 10g serving of it = 10g of fiber?

If not, then how many calories are in 10g of this stuff, and how many grams are fiber?

Any links for a specific nutrient breakdown?

Thx.

raniali
07-23-2002, 04:51 PM
100% physllium powder is 100% fiber

If you buy Metamucil or something similar, they add sucrose/fructose to make it tasty for the general public.

Just read the label - it's all there.

07-23-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by raniali
100% physllium powder is 100% fiber

If you buy Metamucil or something similar, they add sucrose/fructose to make it tasty for the general public.

Just read the label - it's all there.

I know there is sugar added to the metamucil. Thats why I bought 100% psyllium.

And there is no nutrional label on the psyllium package I bought. But if its 100% fiber, thats all good.

07-23-2002, 09:24 PM
to answer my own questions, I did some research and found the nutrional value of psyllium husk powder. I'll post it here for those of you who would like to added a quick 10-30g of fiber in your diet/day.

5g serving:
4g fiber
2g calories
45mg potassium
10mg calcium

I just mixed my first 10g (2tsp) in 1 cup of water. It wasn't the most pleasant drinking it as it felt a lil rough going down but its definately bearable. A very quick 8g of fiber I drank and darn do I ever feel full afterwards. If you need a way to fill up quick without the calories, you can't beat this. And I'd sure prefer drinking that less than 15 seconds than having to eat an equivalent 300g of Broccoli.