PDA

View Full Version : MRP before sleep??

leo
07-23-2002, 07:26 PM
hi uh,,i m on cutting phase now..
and just wondering if i can drink MRP instead of whey before sleep..
my MRP contains about 42g protein and 22g carb..

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Solid food digest slower which is what you want before bed.

You can drink it though go for it.

Blood&Iron
07-23-2002, 07:33 PM
That's what I generally do. Real food would be best before bed--like a hunk of meat--but I usually find it much easier to gulp down 16oz of milk and an MRP. Just make sure it's primarily casein/milk isolate. Some MRP's are primarily whey and wouldn't be such a great choice in this instance.

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Blood - I didn't even wanna go 'there' about replacing his carbs with a tablespoon of flax or some fish caps. :D

leo
07-23-2002, 07:39 PM
isn't mrp gonna put some fat on my body then??
and i found some post said that cardio isn't really necessary to get rid of body fat, is it true??

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Extra calories then your body needs put fat on your body. That is your body decides to go that route. Might just excrete them or burn them.

No cardio isn't necessary. Watch what you eat instead.

Blood&Iron
07-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Marcel
Blood - I didn't even wanna go 'there' about replacing his carbs with a tablespoon of flax or some fish caps. :D
Yeah, sometimes it's best to keep things simple. Some fat and some fiber to slow gastric emptying wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think the carbs are bad, though. Of course, slower digesting carbs would be better than the maltodextrin in the MRP, but when you're lazy like me you do what you can.

For awhile I was having baked salmon with vegetables every night before I went to bed. But since I was so lazy, I'd invariably have to stay up late until I 'felt' like cooking it. Then, by the time it was prepared and eaten, it'd be like 2 hours later. If I just slug down an MRP, I'm in bed like 2 hours earlier. So, I compromise. Plus I ate so goddamn much salmon it makes me wanna puke now(At least when I cook it).

Blood&Iron
07-23-2002, 07:45 PM
Extra calories then your body needs put fat on your body. That is your body decides to go that route. Might just excrete them or burn them.

Part two made sense, but I have no f*ckin' clue what you're saying here.

LMAO. Are you on drugs right now? Or drunk?

leo
07-23-2002, 07:45 PM
actually i have no time to do cardio..i go to gym around 8 and get my workout done around 9 and gym closes at 9:30..
i split my workoutday by bodyparts..1.back. 2.pec 3.legs 4.delt. 5.arms 6.forearms(possibly cardio afterwards) 7. rest

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Yeah, sometimes it's best to keep things simple. Some fat and some fiber to slow gastric emptying wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think the carbs are bad, though. Of course, slower digesting carbs would be better than the maltodextrin in the MRP, but when you're lazy like me you do what you can.

For awhile I was having baked salmon with vegetables every night before I went to bed. But since I was so lazy, I'd invariably have to stay up late until I 'felt' like cooking it. Then, by the time it was prepared and eaten, it'd be like 2 hours later. If I just slug down an MRP, I'm in bed like 2 hours earlier. So, I compromise. Plus I ate so goddamn much salmon it makes me wanna puke now(At least when I cook it).

I agree with ya there.

Hvae you tried canned salmon. Tastes alright for a change. Not too good though but every once in a while it's aight.

p.s. have you heard of the carb fairies? :D

leo
07-23-2002, 07:48 PM
should i still go for cardio after my workout??

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:51 PM

Part two made sense, but I have no f*ckin' clue what you're saying here.

LMAO. Are you on drugs right now? Or drunk?

A couple too many md-6's coupled with rage against the machine playing fuken full blast. :D

I meant that if you eat more calories then you need you will build new muslce, store it as fat, or sh*t them out. Correct nah?

killin in the name of!!! killin in the name of!!! :D

Blood&Iron
07-23-2002, 07:52 PM

I agree with ya there.

Hvae you tried canned salmon. Tastes alright for a change. Not too good though but every once in a while it's aight.

p.s. have you heard of the carb fairies? :D
Yeah, I've tried canned salmon. When I discovered it I bought like 5 cans. Then after the first one I realized they left the freakin' spinal columns in, and couldn't eat the sh*t. The remaining cans when to some canned food drive.

I was eating sardines for awhile, but--surprise, surprise--I ate them like everyday for a year, and now they make me wanna puke.

Oh, and the carb fairies are very dangerous little buggers. Eat carbs after 6pm and BAM! You're lookin' like Sally Struthers after an all you can eat buffet.

Might as well not even workout.

leo
07-23-2002, 07:53 PM
come on ppl~!!r u gonna reply my answer or just arguing btw two of u ppl??

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by leo
should i still go for cardio after my workout??

If you are up for it go for it.

No more need to worry about time restraints I have the solution!!!! Yes i do!!!

Throw in 15 min interval cardio. Let' say...
2 min warm-up
then 10 min sprints of 15 sec sprint followed by 15 sec cooldown followed by 15 sec sprints followed by 15 sec cooldown.
3 minute cooldown and your done.

Put all your effort into this and what you reap is what you sow.

If you decide to try this I expect an update on how it went.

Marcel
07-23-2002, 07:57 PM
leo - stfu or we won't help you. Be nice. We're very dangerous.

leo
07-23-2002, 07:58 PM
warm up and cool down has to b slow right??
about 70~80(the speed showing up on the machine)
and for the sprint, how fast should i go for it??

Marcel
07-23-2002, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I've tried canned salmon. When I discovered it I bought like 5 cans. Then after the first one I realized they left the freakin' spinal columns in, and couldn't eat the sh*t. The remaining cans when to some canned food drive.

I was eating sardines for awhile, but--surprise, surprise--I ate them like everyday for a year, and now they make me wanna puke.

Oh, and the carb fairies are very dangerous little buggers. Eat carbs after 6pm and BAM! You're lookin' like Sally Struthers after an all you can eat buffet.

Might as well not even workout.

Canned salmon ain't that great anyways. Just for a change.

Sardines. Those things are nasty.

I squash carb fairies. I sell them to pet shops. :D

Marcel
07-23-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by leo
warm up and cool down has to b slow right??
about 70~80(the speed showing up on the machine)
and for the sprint, how fast should i go for it??

Warm-up....cooldown. What do you think leo? c'mon man.

For the sprint go all out. Move the level up from lets say 9 to 17 and sprint!!! Go go go!!! Barf all over the place!!!

leo
07-23-2002, 08:11 PM
yes yes i know the warmup and cool down..slow slow..
for sprint..hmm..i wonder if i can go for 10 mins continuosly..
well thx for y'all who replied..
and for marcel, i ll keep it post how it goes..
and thx

Marcel
07-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Oh by the way elminate day 6. Throw it in on arm day.

You have wasted about 10 minutes of my valuable time. Therefore the bill will be $100. Thanks.

Marcel
07-23-2002, 08:14 PM
No! no! no! You can't "sprint" for 10 minutes straight. Then it wouldn't be a sprint and the intesity wouldnt be high. For those 15 sec you NEED to up the level significantly. Thus making it very hard to sprint.

11 minutes...$110. sorry.

leo
07-23-2002, 08:21 PM
ok $120 for u and one more quest..
for 10 mins, it has to go like 15 sec of cooldown and 15 sec of sprint and so and so...for 10 mins..right??

Marcel
07-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by leo
ok $120 for u and one more quest..
for 10 mins, it has to go like 15 sec of cooldown and 15 sec of sprint and so and so...for 10 mins..right??

Yup. Correct. Nothing more nothing less.

leo
07-28-2002, 06:21 PM
hey marcel~ guess wut..
it is really effective..
since u told me wut to do, i tried and i lost weight
but not sure about decrease in body fat..
however, i can see my biceps' definition a little bit..
thx 2 u

Marcel
07-28-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by leo
hey marcel~ guess wut..
it is really effective..
since u told me wut to do, i tried and i lost weight
but not sure about decrease in body fat..
however, i can see my biceps' definition a little bit..
thx 2 u

No problem, leo.

I really like this kind of cardio because it's intense as hell and it fits in perfectly after a workout.

Keep watching your diet and keep working out hard in the gym and you'll start seeing veins all over the place. I'm glad it's working out for you. :cool:

leo
07-28-2002, 09:07 PM
marcel thx..
as u know well about this workout thingy..
i have one more question..this is out of topic..
i hope i m not waste ur time..
actually my huge problem is my shoulder..
i have really narrow shoulder..let say..narrower than ordinary women..i m doing my shoulder workout really well..no cheat..havy weight with slow tempo and squeeze at the top..but i m not seeing any good result than other parts..
i don't feel any burn during workout and no soreness after workout..
is it gonna help if i m doing at moderate tempo??1up-2down??
and do some sporst(basketball or baseball thingy) which involves shoulder a lot??

Marcel
07-28-2002, 09:19 PM
What exercises do you do for you shoulders? I like the seated overhead press with a barbell.

On the "down" part of the exercise try to emphasize it.

You could definetly improve your shoulders but more than likely you would have to gain some weight.

Marcel
07-28-2002, 09:31 PM
I gotta run.

Feel free to pm Me with any questions. Later.

leo
07-29-2002, 12:30 AM
i might try this routine:
Arnold Press 3 x 8
Upright row 3 x 10
Side Laterals 3 x 10
Bent Over Laterals 3 x 10

twice a week will b ok for make my shoulder bigger??

Marcel
07-29-2002, 04:36 AM
Hmmmm...if your going to failure(when you can't even move the weight on your last rep, even when you trying your hardest) that is too much volume for twice a week.

You can try this out...Don't go to failure. Leave a couple reps "in the hole" so to speak. Meaning that if you tried your absolute hardest you could manage 8 reps or so.
Arnold Press 3 x 4-6 reps
Side Laterals 2 x 4-6 reps
Bent over laterals 2 x 4-6 reps

Then the second day... Don't go to failure. Once again leave a couple reps in the hole. With this rep range you could probably manage 12 reps if you tried your hardest. Stop at 8 or so. Eventually the weight will get too light and you will want to increase the weight.

Arnold Press 3 x 8-10 reps
Side Laterals 2 x 8-10 reps
Bent over laterals 2 x 8-10 reps

I just made this routine up for you. Don't go to failure though! Make sure you are getting plenty of protein in your diet too! Eat some healthy fats(flax oil, fish oil) and low-gi carbs(rice, oats, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta) and you should be set to go.

Try this out if you want. I'm guessing you current routine isn't doing it for you. Make SURE you are also working your back. Big Lats will help for that V-taper.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

leo
07-29-2002, 11:44 AM

i can do this twice a week right??
and one the first day(around wednesday) i do hardest..
and the second day(saturday) do lightest??

can i do upright row instead of rear delt raise..and include rear delt raise into my back routine??

Marcel
07-29-2002, 12:06 PM
Yes, you could include rear-delt exercise on Back day. Why do you want to include upright rows? With the Arnold press, side laterals, and rear-delt exercise you are taking care of 'everything'.

I would do this instead...like I said before no sets to failure. Leave a couple reps in you.

Wednesday :
Arnold Press 3 x 4-6 reps
Side Laterals 2 x 4-6 reps
Bent over laterals 2 x 4-6 reps

Saturday :

Shoulders get hit when you work your Chest and Back. So this is a good starting point and from here you can adjust the number of sets you do.

leo
07-29-2002, 12:23 PM
upright row(with slightly wider than my shoulder)..i feel more on my side lateral..thatz y..
i really cannot do side lateral raise with strict form with 15 pound of 3 sets 8 reps..now u may realize how weak my houlders r..

Marcel
07-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Then the upright row might be a better choice for you. Just a matter of preference really. Do the upright row then.

leo
07-29-2002, 12:29 PM
thx very much
i ll keep u post with my progress..
in the new thread..this thread getting so long..
have a nice day~

Marcel
07-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Sounds good. peace