PDA

View Full Version : Q's running around in my head, someone enlighten me

Power-BB
07-24-2002, 01:57 PM
Everyone says you should avoid simple carbs but this question keeps coming back to me.

If you eat a complex carb and don't do any exercise it will be stored as fat right? Then why is it you should avoid simple carbs and complex carbs or carbs in general? On off days if a complex carbs isn't used for energy after a while it just turns into fat am I right?

Please someone enlighten me.

Behemoth
07-24-2002, 02:06 PM
In a nutshell... simple carbs are often turns into bodyfat because they are absorbed quicker than your body can use them for energy. Complex carbs sit in you, slowly being burned over time and don't cause a rush (an insulin spike) that's so quick your body can't handle it.

Power-BB
07-24-2002, 02:09 PM
So on off days where you have 2 days off, having a complex carb sit in you slowly burning will eventually turn into fat ?

NateDogg
07-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Power-BB
So on off days where you have 2 days off, having a complex carb sit in you slowly burning will eventually turn into fat ?

If you do absolutely nothing but sit on your ass all day...maybe. Most likely not though as even if you do just sit on your ass, you are still burning calories.

Power-BB
07-25-2002, 07:50 AM
Anyone else wanna try? I'm not very convinced in what these guys are saying.

Sledgehammer
07-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Any excess of carbs or calories can and will be stored as fat. Some just have a better chance of doing that. Simple carbs are best at this ...why? First they cause an insulin spike, this triggers the body to "store all carbs not used for energy" for latter on.....while complex carbs do not have this spike that triggers this, they are digested slower and have a smaller insulin spike with them.........basically that is why you should eat every 2.5-3 hours it keeps your insulin in check and therefor you do not promote "storage spikes", same thing with nitrogen balance and protien, blah blah......bottom line, either you will stay from simple carbs or not, it is your body, your choice, your results!!!!!!