PDA

View Full Version : Not enough protein in my diet.

EVO
07-24-2002, 08:48 PM
Hey i have been keeping track of my protein intake for the past few day and i am aiming for at least 1 gram per lb of body weight. Right now i weigh 201 lbs. I jsut cant seem to take in that much protein. I just bought a whey protein shake that adds an additional 40 grams at one serving per day. I cannot afford to take two servings a day because that would cost me 35$ a week!
Will not getting enough protein in my diet severly hinder my results in bodybuilding? Right now i am getting roughly 110 grams of protein per day. thanks.

TreeTrunks
07-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Buy a tub of Optimum Nutrition Protein Powder. You can buy it online for like $29 and that should last you a month. Take 2-3 shakes a day. Tuna is a classic one can costs like 59 cents, theres 32.5 grams of protein in a 6 oz can of tuna, skim milk is great, $1.99 a gallon.

EVO
07-24-2002, 09:07 PM
How does the protein powder that you speak of taste? Also the brands that i am using now contains 5 grams of glutamine. Will this be something that i miss if i go with the brand that you are talking about. Once again the taste issues rises, i am a big pussy when it comes to trying to eat/drink something that tastes like cardboard.

EVO
07-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey tree trunks i jsut chekced out the brand that you told me about and you are right! thanks man! 5lbs for 28$ Double chocolate fudge too! I really apprecaiate it! btw are all whey proteins the same, i mean this product is a lot cheaper than what i am taking now, does that mean that the quality will be worse.

Sorry for the dumb questions but im a :newbie:

Goin_Big
07-24-2002, 09:29 PM
yea, I feel ya, sometimes protein consumption can be hard. I gotta start working on that myself.

Manveet
07-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Hey i have been keeping track of my protein intake for the past few day and i am aiming for at least 1 gram per lb of body weight. Right now i weigh 201 lbs. I jsut cant seem to take in that much protein. I just bought a whey protein shake that adds an additional 40 grams at one serving per day. I cannot afford to take two servings a day because that would cost me 35$ a week!

Seems to me that your relying to heavily on protein powder in your diet. If you take one shake a day 40g and you only get 110g thats only 70g of protein from real food. Quit worrying about what type of whey is the best, go out and buy yourself some eggs, chicken, milk, tuna and you'll be able to get more than enough protein.

EVO
07-24-2002, 09:42 PM
I drink a lot of milk and eat eggs almost everyday for breakfast. That is why i bought the protein drink because i could not seem to even get close to 200 grams of protein a day. I try to eat more but then i feel bloated and like crap :(

Goin_Big
07-24-2002, 09:45 PM
chicken is the key.

Maki Riddington
07-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Manveet

Seems to me that your relying to heavily on protein powder in your diet. If you take one shake a day 40g and you only get 110g thats only 70g of protein from real food. Quit worrying about what type of whey is the best, go out and buy yourself some eggs, chicken, milk, tuna and you'll be able to get more than enough protein.

*** This coming from someone who has no money now for supps.:p

galileo
07-25-2002, 05:39 AM
Chicken, Turkey, Cottage Cheese, Tuna, Milk! Along with a protein shake per day, you're good for 200g no problem.

Davy
07-25-2002, 06:07 AM
Since im living in belgium , i dont realy now what kind of cheese "cottage cheese" is .

How does it look like , how does it tastes , are there any brands ?
Maybe you know how its called in Dutch.

Because there are 1001 different cheeses , its hard to search for it , so if you could discribe it a little bit , i can find it i think.

Since everybody is saying cottage cheese is a great source for proteine , i wanne try this also , maybe im gonna like it.

BennettBoy
07-25-2002, 06:56 AM
I've had 2 meals this morning.....a MRP and eggs and sliced deli ham. I've already had 80 grams of protein and it is 9:00 a.m.

I just can't buy that folks can't get more than 110 grams of protein in food in a whole day.

Eat grilled chicken breast, open a can of tuna, drink skim milk, eat white turkey meat, eat a steak.

You can do it man.....I got faith in ya.

galileo
07-25-2002, 06:59 AM
It looks like curdled milk. It tastes like milk would, if it had no sugar, I'd imagine.

It's not really cheese as you'd think. It looks like little balls in a thick liquid (like tapioca pudding, if you have that).

It's called "Farmer's Cheese" in some places.

It looks like this - http://www.lancewood.co.za/factory/Cottage/cottge1.jpg
Make your own - http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplor/agguides/agchem/g09550.htm
Do fun stuff with it, weee! - http://www.stumptuous.com/cottage.html

burr287
07-25-2002, 07:50 AM
A pound of beef is only like $2.75 at my grocery store. I usually eat a pound of beef a day, its not all that expensive. And that gives 80g protien right there!