PDA

View Full Version : NHE - a result

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:29 PM
I lent NHE to my sister's boyfriend, thinking that he'd skim the book and forget about it. Anyway, he actually read it and gave the diet a shot, cause he'd been stuck at about 15-18% bf for ages and no matter how much running he was doing it wasn't coming off :rolleyes:

He's been at it for about 2-3 months or so now, with quite spectacular results. Not only is he hovering around the 9-10% mark (in my estimation), he's fit as a fiddle and can run for fun. I've also got him weight training too, although i suspect whether he trains with heavy weights at full intensity.

He had a blood test last week cause i think he was sceptical about how much fat he was taking in and his cholesterol levels. Well, cholesterol levels were amazingly good and his blood lipid profile (anything under '6' is good) is 2! So he is in champion health! Not only that, but he has a six pack to go with it. And i've noticed a bit more muscle mass he's added recently, cause he was hardly muscular at all.

And he finds sticking to the diet piss-easy, which is prolly the most important factor of a diet.

So from a real-person's perspective, NHE gets two thumbs up.

Goin_Big
07-25-2002, 01:32 PM
What exactly is NHE?

stantheman
07-25-2002, 01:34 PM
So.. you gonna guys gonna DO it?

Goin_Big
07-25-2002, 01:37 PM
Also, does NHE stand for something, cuz I can't find the book on any sites.

Blood&Iron
07-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
Also, does NHE stand for something, cuz I can't find the book on any sites.
Natural Hormonal Enhancement. Basically, it's a keto/low-carb diet with IMO too much emphasis on hormonal factors(GH in particular) which, in the real world, do not really have a significant impact. I say this having not read the book, though.

Goin_Big
07-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey thanks B&I, I'm prolly too lazy to try it anyhow, but it sounds like a good read :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:51 PM
1. It's not keto, although some people do go into ketosis during the metabolic shift (which only has to be done once at the beginning of the diet, or anything you come off it if you want to go back onto it again).

2. It's carb cyclical.

3. I agree, too much focus on hGH, but at the end of the day, the diet does work.

4. The book is a great read and is not totally focused on the diet - it's aimed towards anti-aging and general health.

www.extique.com

I recommend everyone to read it, even if they don't follow the diet.

big calvin
07-25-2002, 06:19 PM
very good book imo.

w8lifter
07-25-2002, 07:18 PM
That's awesome Chicken Baby! :D

MonStar
07-26-2002, 12:51 AM
Awesome book I agree, and yes the author does stress hormones like hGH way too much. Good diet though I lost a good 40 lbs. on this diet in a few months time.

Joe Black
07-26-2002, 12:57 AM
so send it this way Robboe ;)

07-26-2002, 09:40 AM
even if you don't want to do the diet, its still a must read.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Ok, found out the exact figures:

2.4 : 1.8 ratio as far as cholesterol goes.

That's 2.4 LDL and 1.8 HDL.

He's in tip-top shape.

Dannoe, once i find time i will chuck it doon your way.

Prelude
07-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Anybody wants to sell me their used NHE book?

I'm curious about the diet but skeptical about spending $30.

Goin_Big
07-26-2002, 08:22 PM
This isn't gonna be like titan training is it. Everyone swore by that and I lost 70 bucks :)

HK
07-28-2002, 04:45 PM
Have you followed the diet yourself?
If yes, what is your result?
If no, then why not if it is "piss easy"?
Thanks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-29-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by HK
Have you followed the diet yourself?

**No, but i'm using one very similar to it right now with great success thus far.

If no, then why not if it is "piss easy"?

**Cause i'm trying out my modification of it first, and achieving good results so far. I prolly will switch to proper NHE eventually though.