PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead

Kal Vegas
07-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Well, one motorcycle accident, two surgeries, and months of physical therapy later, and I'm back. Here's the routine I'll be doing, granted my body can handle it.

Flat BB Bench 5 sets of 3-6 reps
Speed Deads 9 sets of 3 reps
Hyperextensions 2 sest of 6-8 reps

Squats 5 sets of 3-6 reps
Speed Bench 9 sets of 3 reps
Skullcrushers 2 sets of 6-8 reps

Deads 5 sets of 3-6 reps
Speed Squats 9 sets of 3 reps
Leg Extensions 2 sets of 6-8 reps

*** formerly kaleido, btw

Manveet
07-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Welcome back, good luck with the routine.

Kal Vegas
07-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Well, my first day back was interesting, to say the least. I was very unsure what I'd be able to do, as I haven't lifted heavy weight, in a bodybuilding/weightlifting frame of mind, in quite some time. All things considered, especially my bad diet, I think I did a good job.

Flat BB Bench
3x185, 4x185, 4x165, 4x165, 4x165

Pre-injury I would have been pretty discouraged with this, but this time around I'm very happy. My back was uncomfortable while I arched it, so I did most of the reps with my back pressed flat to the bench.

Speed Deads
3x185 (9)

185 seems like such a piddly weight, but again I was very pleased. I know not many people would have the drive to come back from what I came back from, and then have the guts to do deads. I did them, and with relatively small amounts of discomfort. I think I will overcome this, as long as I'm patient.

Hyperextensions
2x0, 2x0

I did these without any extra weight because, frankly, I was scared. I felt my back had been worked enough with the deads and didn't want to push it. Maybe I could have added some weight. I guess we'll find out next week.

Miscellaneous
I weighed in at 190 even today, which is average for me. I'd still like to get up to 230, but it may be difficult given my new temporary limitations. And on another sidenote, I bought 1-Test and 4AD. I haven't used either yet. I'm a bit afraid of the side effects they may have, and a bit skeptical because I've always dogged prohormones so badly. Apparently these are different and don't aromatize. Whatever.

Kal Vegas
07-29-2002, 01:05 PM
Weird indeed. The human body is a strange creation. My cousin got married Saturday and I got really drunk Saturday night. Recovered fairly well from that, and oddly enugh my body flt much stronger afterwards.

Squats
6x175, 4x205, 4x205, 3x225, 3x225

This really amazed me. I was doing my squats ATF-style and beating my previous highs, and my back never went weird on me.

Speed Bench
3x155 (9)

I guess this is cool. I've never done anything like this before. I made it all the way through, which was great.

Skullcrushers
8x70, 8x75

Haven't done these in ages and went a little light as a result. My brother was tearing out skullcrushers with over twice what I was using. Made me feel wimpy. But he's huge and I'm still gimpy, so it's all good.

Miscellaneous
Weighed in at 190 again. I always weigh 190. My brothers are large and I'm lean. I don't get it.

Kal Vegas
07-30-2002, 10:27 AM
OK today my back hurt like a son of a bitch. I stopped before ever finishing my deads because my back started spasming and calling me names. I think it would be in my best interest to workout later in the day when my body has had extra time to get warm and loosen up. Even my knee started to ache, so that's a sign I can't ignore.

Deads
5x205, 2x215 done

Started good. Maybe my form was bad, I don't know but it hurt.

Miscellaneous
Weighed 191. Hot damn I broke 190. I also got a reminder about human behavior today. It amazes me to no end how people will go with a "trend" rather than personal experiences. How someone can be very helpful, selfless, and encouraging, offer solid advice on a number of topics discussed, and then be berated behind their back when the subject is in a more "trendy" surrounding. Some people deserve to have their hearts stop beating.