PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what you think...

EVO
07-25-2002, 11:07 PM
I am new to lifting and watching what i eat but i started 2 weeks ago. I am not real sure what i should be eating everyday. I have been keeping a list of EVERYTHING that i am eating and was wondering if i lay out a day for you, if you could tell me what i need more of or what i need to cut back on. The list is below...

Oh first i better tell you that i am lifting for mass and right now i weigh 200 lbs. Not overweight, maybe a tiny gut but not much of one. I am also 6 feet tall. I dont know if you will need all this information but just in case i thought id tell ya.

All intake over 24 hour period.

Calories --- 1895
Carbs ------ 193 grams
Protein ---- 182.5 grams
Fat --------- 35 grams

80 Grams of the protein came from a whey protein drink with 5 grams of glutamine. The other protein came mostly from skinless chicken breast, tuna, and milk.

Thanks to anyone who can give me advice! :)

Goin_Big
07-25-2002, 11:12 PM
If you're trying to gain you probably need to up the calories.

EVO
07-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Hey thanks man, people are really good about answering questions on this forum. :) Now about the calories, does it matter where they came from. Lets say a candy bar or would that be bad? Also i have walking on a treadmill before i workout to loosen up. Is that a bad thing if i am trying to build muscles? I mean walking like that i burning my calories up. Just tonight before i lifted i walked with a steady speed on an incline to burn 300 calories. At least that is what the machine said i should have burned for my body weight. Oh and how many calories should i eat in a day?

Goin_Big
07-25-2002, 11:21 PM
Some people recommend cardio while bulking, others don't. The only reason I do cardio is to maintain an 8 minute or less mile. Prolly up the protein to 200, get the carbs to 350-400 maybe higher. I've found when I lower calories I can lose weight with 300 carbs a day, so more carbs is prolly gonna help you gain weight.

Just up your calories and macros daily until you start gaining, then stick with it until you stall, then up your cals again. As long as you're gaining your doing good.

I weigh 220 and I basically maintain weight at 3,000 calories, but you gotta figure your own body out ya know.