PDA

View Full Version : Weed= ok?

bob2624
07-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Hey, I was just wondering what u guys thought of "idulging" in weed every once in a while during training. Anyone know the training effects? U guys do it? And how often?

nejar462
07-27-2002, 05:57 PM
the ganga is ok once in awhile as long as its not before training. I smoke up once a month.

Shao-LiN
07-27-2002, 06:00 PM
lol

GIS
07-27-2002, 06:30 PM
My junior high school said it shrinks your nuts and makes boys grow fatty deposits in their chests much like boobies. :)

Haha, I say screw it and go have some fun.

bob2624
07-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Most of those things will never happen to anyone... I am just concerned with it inhibiting my training. R u saying that as long as I don't do it right before training i will be ok? Does it matter if i do it the day before? I know that if i run when i am high i can run much faster and longer, but I have never had enough balls to smoke any day besides the day before an off day.

zwarrior99
07-27-2002, 06:54 PM
weed decreses your testosterone production so its a tuttut for training. But i say have your fun once in a while!;)

bob2624
07-27-2002, 07:20 PM
how often is once in a while? and when, if i am training all year round, is it ok?

gopher
07-27-2002, 07:29 PM
You really are setting your progress way back.

bob2624
07-27-2002, 08:23 PM
does it only slow muscle growth temp or permanantly? If temp how long, if anyone happens to know, does it slow it down for? Only for a few days after smoking or for the full 3 weeks it is in ur system?

zwarrior99
07-27-2002, 08:46 PM
its temp , the effects on decresed test, but it could take a while staying clean, before it gets back to normal. SO its really not beneficial at all to muscle growth. But if you rather be high, than be big, then have fun.

RussianRocket
07-27-2002, 08:48 PM
Dont worry about it, just couple times a months isn't going to influence your training at all. I do it, i dont do it as often as i used to and my training is very good.

zwarrior99
07-27-2002, 08:51 PM
I did mean to say that you have to worry much about it. But if you want to be a serious bodybuilder weed aint in there supplement list. But then again some of these MOFOs are taken valium. hmm beats me.. maybe they are high all the time.

ryuage
07-27-2002, 09:38 PM
the ganga is ok once in awhile as long as its not before training. I smoke up once a month. is it me whats a ganga =p

NateDogg
07-27-2002, 09:46 PM
ganga is slang for weed.

bob2624
07-27-2002, 09:46 PM
ganga plant is another term for weed and thanks to zwarrior99, RussianRocket, nejar462, and gopher for answering my questions. I think i am gonna keep doin it but maybe cut back alittle.

Natural Animal
07-27-2002, 09:59 PM
Drugs are bad mmmmmkay. If you're gonna take drugs while bodybuilding then I think you missed the point of exercising to look after your body and mind.

nejar462
07-27-2002, 10:19 PM
WHen im high, im lazy as shiat, and not smart at all, so I couldn't lift right afterwards. But trust me, im not a skinny mofo and i smoke up once every month or two.

freztek
07-27-2002, 10:27 PM
ganga is slang for weed.

I believe ganja is the actual word that is slang for weed.

Bong Hog
07-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Arnold and pals would smoke all the time. If you don't believe me, go rent pumping iron. They show him smoking a joint in one scene.

Back in the day, weed was highly associated with body building. Pros would smoke a little after a workout to calm down. I've heard that in the origional gold's gyms, the saunas were used as smoke rooms.

And what about weed being used as an appitite stimulant? Dude, ever had trouble stuffing down your 4000cals? Not if you've got a quarter sack of the kind, my friend.

So anyway, if anyone says that you can't get big if you smoke weed, they just buy into propaganda too easily.

Natural Animal
07-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Bong Hog
Arnold and pals would smoke all the time. If you don't believe me, go rent pumping iron. They show him smoking a joint in one scene.

Back in the day, weed was highly associated with body building. Pros would smoke a little after a workout to calm down. I've heard that in the origional gold's gyms, the saunas were used as smoke rooms.

And what about weed being used as an appitite stimulant? Dude, ever had trouble stuffing down your 4000cals? Not if you've got a quarter sack of the kind, my friend.

So anyway, if anyone says that you can't get big if you smoke weed, they just buy into propaganda too easily.

Is this BS????

zwarrior99
07-28-2002, 08:03 AM
Nahh its true arnold used to do it all the time. But the guy was on gear too. SO w/e. LIke i said its alright everyonce in a while.

Bong Hog
07-28-2002, 12:05 PM
Also, may I add that my experience has taught me that people do respond differently to the herb. While some may get hooked from hit #1, sell their house, sell their kids, move into a crack house, and smoke weed and shoot heroin until all their teeth and hair fall out, others may not end up the same. Some end up with M.D.'s. In florida we have a famous lawyer who smokes 6 j's a day, legally, due to a medical condition. I've been to his office, and I must say, not too shabby...

Personally, I love the herb. See, while some may get burnt out when they burn, others get lit up when they light up. I haven't been elevated in a month or so, and I must say, workouts have suffered slightly. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gaining. I'm just a little skeptical of whichever study concluded that bs about lowered test levels. It seems to me that whenever I get hooked up, my test levels go through the roof. Constant erection, higher blood pressure, shorter recovery times, etc.

Sorry about the speech, I'm just bitter that one day I may go to jail beacuse of what I do in my own house. Bah, whatever.. To each his own....

MonStar
07-28-2002, 12:13 PM
This is ridiculuos. Bodybuilding is about building your body and being healthy. I mean smoking weed and smoking period, along with alcohol and everything else are not good for you at all. I cant believe this thread even exists.

Bong Hog
07-28-2002, 03:25 PM
The question at hand is whether or not weed will hamper gains. Not if it's good for you or not.

Besides, if smoking isn't your thing, bake some brownies.

Oh wait!! Don't do that, there's sugar in brownies!! :rolleyes:

ryuage
07-28-2002, 03:33 PM
like i said ganga?? ganja = hawaiian for weed :) just being a smart ass sorry!

nejar462
07-28-2002, 05:34 PM
Its HIGHLY debatable smoking weed is bad for you at all. A lot of it is propoganda.

Spiderman
07-28-2002, 05:43 PM
What weed does is affect the testosterone to estrogen ratio in the body by suppressing test production.

*Info provided by and credited to just_a_pup*

bob2624
07-28-2002, 08:36 PM
so basically ur muscles won't grow as fast and u won't be able to lift as much temporarily?

Saint Patrick
07-29-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Natural Animal
Drugs are bad mmmmmkay. If you're gonna take drugs while bodybuilding then I think you missed the point of exercising to look after your body and mind.

Steroids are a drug last time I checked...................

Monster Muscle
07-29-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by MonStar
This is ridiculuos. Bodybuilding is about building your body and being healthy. I mean smoking weed and smoking period, along with alcohol and everything else are not good for you at all. I cant believe this thread even exists.
yeah seriously! go take f-ckin hike if you want to be a pot head. Doing drugs and other bs is what seperates the real lifters from the lazy no good wife beater tea party gym losers who sit around and chat and get absolutly nothing done in the gym. As you can see in my sig it already bothers me

epimetheus
07-29-2002, 07:36 AM
LOL. I love reading posts by potheads. There is always somebody saying that Pot is not bad for you. At least Alcoholics admit it to themselves that drinking is bad.

Look up what happens to your body when you ingest, or inhale that ****. There is a reason it makes you high. And it is very similar to what alcohol does to you, or Acid, or just about any drug.

If you are into bodybuilding to be healthy and live a long time, ditch the Pot. Cut it out slowly if necessary. If you just want to get big and ripped. Well, do steroids and Pot. Might as well kill your body in two ways. People that do ANY drug, even steroids, and talk about being healthy make me laugh too. Doing them once or twice, I can't see any signifigant damage, but if you are injecting like a Pro, you will be lucky to live to 60. Why anybody would do that to thier body is beyond me.

Do what you want. Just don't bullshit yourself into thinking Pot is healthy, or it is not bad for you or some ****. Remember, we need to breathe, but oxygen is poisonous to our bodies. Everything, including eating, kills us slowly. Just depends on how long you want to drag it out.

epimetheus
07-29-2002, 07:47 AM
http://www.howstuffworks.com/marijuana.htm

Relentless
07-29-2002, 07:56 AM
IMHO, unless you're planning to be a competitive bodybuilder or something, where you need to maximize your training and test levels or some shiznit like that, don't sweat the occasional enjoyment of the goodness. No one ever said it was completely harmless, but it's a lot less harmful than a lot of other things you can do to yourself, and if you get some enjoyment out of it, go for it.

Bottom line: Despite what the holier-than-thou among us may have to say, there are plenty of other things that people do/eat/consume/etc. that will impact the efficacy of your training just as much as or more than having the occasional bake.

Cal

syntekz
07-29-2002, 09:24 AM
Like Bong Hog said, smoking pot effects everyone differently. The only thing it does for me is put me to sleep. So it doesn't mix well at all with me training.

Relentless
07-29-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by syntekz
Like Bong Hog said, smoking pot effects everyone differently. The only thing it does for me is put me to sleep. So it doesn't mix well at all with me training.

LOL!
Clearly you should not bake and lift in the same period of time.

I think the discussion was more about having some in the evenings or whatever . . . not with your pre-workout protein shake. :D

galileo
07-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by MonStar

I'm with stupid.

With the drug-test happy society in the USA, I don't think smoking weed is worth it on any level.

Bigmofo
07-29-2002, 11:08 AM
I think it doest hurt at all once in a while, personally I am in this game for a healthy lifestyle so no drugs for me..perhaps some gear later but thats another story :D

David
07-29-2002, 11:20 AM
I don't smoke weed, but it is very healhy for you and is very good when bulking.

try smoking it right before your workout, and then right afterwards, it will give you a super pump...

actually, smoke it as much as possible, and tell your friends to do the same...

in no time you will be huge...

millertime
07-29-2002, 11:23 AM
Weed = Bad. I'm sick of these stoner threads.

nejar462
07-29-2002, 12:02 PM
I don't trash guys who need scheduled cheat days weekly just to stay in the game, i don't see why you guys need to trash "potheads" who smoke like once a month or even less. Did you also notice how all the studies done that show weed is bad for you long term are done by VERY biased sources.

zwarrior99
07-29-2002, 12:07 PM
I agree bodybuilding is pretty stressful. Especially precontest. If you cant enjoy yourself then there is no point in it. But hell my high, is sex. But weed almost replaces it ;)

g-dot
07-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Bob2426 you should SERIOUSLY re-evaluate your motives for lifting. The point is to live a healthy lifestyle. Getting drunk twice weekly and smoking weed isn't the definition of a healthy lifestyle. You want a no bullshit answer? Weed and Booze ARENT GOOD FOR TRAINING. Period. Can you do them and still train? Yes. Will you achieve maximal gains? NO. You're 16 years old, you shouldnt worry about one successful lawyer who smokes pot or any successful drug user because they are the exception not the rule. For every successful and prominent drug user there are thousands of others on welfare and stealing to feed their habits. I'm not anti-drug at all, frankly I don't give a **** what someone does to their life as long as it doesn't affect me. You make posts wanting approval for your actions from people on a chat board. Get a clue.

David
07-29-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by g-dot
You make posts wanting approval for your actions from people on a chat board.

80% of all questions are statements in disguise.

Bong Hog
07-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Well put, Callahan.

About stoners being "lazy no good wife beater tea party gym losers", well, the only word that would fit that line of thought would be ignorance. And I'll happily take a f-cking hike from that bullsh-t. It is entirely possible to be an adrenaline junkie during the day and lay back and chill at night. I'm living proof of that. I've lost my lunch more than once from doing 20 rep squats.

I often wonder where all the hostility towards "stoners" comes from. Maybe these people got stoned once and realized that they are the village idiot they were always afraid they were, but just could never see it. So now weed is the devil.. who the hell knows.... They're certainly upset about something.

Another thing.. Bodybuilding is NOT my life. It's not even close to my top priority. I do not wake up in the morning and run to the fridge to make up for those damn 9 hours of not eating. Some of you seem to have a real problem if all you think about is what might possibly hinder your gains. Seriously, if weed stunts my growth by 5%, I really don't give a ****. Big ******* deal. Christ...

Alright, look.. All I'm trying to say, people, is that weed hasn't hindered my gains much, if at all. I've gained like a motherf-cker. Maybe you get stupid and lazy when you burn, I don't know. I can't speak for you. I never said that weed is good for you. It's bad for you. Maybe worse for you than it is for the average joe, maybe less. Maybe you've known someone who couldn't handle their reefer, but that does not mean that everybody who smokes weed is the same way. Remember that.

Well, I don't feel like debating this any longer, so I'm not going to post in this thread again. I've said all that I have to say. Hopefully you people will learn to live and let live some day. Peace.

bob2624
07-29-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by epimetheus
LOL. I love reading posts by potheads. There is always somebody saying that Pot is not bad for you. At least Alcoholics admit it to themselves that drinking is bad.

First of all, I don't think, by any means, that smoking sometimes once a month makes u a pothead. Noone here said that smoking pot is good for u either or even that it wasn't bad for u. I know that pot will slow down protein synthesis now and that i won't make as big gains. Obviously smoking is bad, I just wanted to know HOW bad it is for u. Just because someone says they smoke once in a while it doesn't mean u r a pothead. But i do apprecitate what u r saying, i just don't like when people exaggerate and jump top conclusions.

David
07-29-2002, 02:07 PM
oh, now this is getting interesting...

the stoners Vs. the weightlifters.

*sits back and drinks from his water bottle*

Bong Hog
07-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Derr.. Lemme just say one more thing...

What kind of "stoners" have you people known? I remember I used to chill with these one dudes a few years ago before I started lifting, and they were some of the strongest, hardcore dudes I've ever seen. I remember this slim dude, he must've been no more than 170, press I think it was 275 for reps. There was a built dude who pressed 500 one day when I was chillin over there. These guys were more hardcore than anyone on this forum, I'd bet my life on it. They worked out with chains and all that ****, powerlifting style. And I'm sure their deads and squats blow all of yours away as well. No, they didn't have tanned chizzled bodies, but their nervous systems must be as sharp as a ******* blade. Alright, so the moral of the story is, just because they smoke blunts after their workouts, it doesn't make any of them any less of a weightlifter than any of you. Period.

Alright, I'm done. Peace.

David
07-29-2002, 04:19 PM
the weed most has some kind of a hulk-like effect on their bodies, giving them superhuman strength.

kimpy225
07-29-2002, 06:50 PM
weed man

Natural Animal
07-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Seriously go do what you like pot face, but what's the point of posting a marijuana topic in the "Diet and Nutrition" section of a bodybuilding forum!!!! Do you eat marijuana??? NO!!! This topic is not valid. Get lost.

nejar462
07-29-2002, 08:50 PM
jesus natural a little testy there? He wanted to know how bad it was for you, I gave him an answer, the answer that most people agree with, smoking once a month will not affect your training much. IF you didn't want to read about weed you should have avoided this thread he made it VERY clear what this thread was about in the title.

epimetheus
07-29-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
Its HIGHLY debatable smoking weed is bad for you at all. A lot of it is propoganda.

Bob: I was refering to this post.

No hostility towards potheads in specific. Just hypocrites. (those that want to be healthy and make excuses to do things that are bad for you.) If being healthy is not your main priority, then my post was not directed at you.

There is a difference between being strong and being healthy.

GIS
07-29-2002, 09:24 PM
You a pothead focker?

Shankerr
07-29-2002, 09:57 PM
well, how appropriate... I'm actually baked right now :-) got home from the gym, had my supps, then settled in for a nice night of TV watching and debauchery... and I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

I think it does have some effect, especially if you are chronic enough to do it during the day, 'cause you won't get anything productive accomplished, and will probably eat yourself into oblivian by dusk... However, if you're like me, and do it in great moderation after your day is done, and you're just settling in to relax, then there probably isn't anything wrong with it, as long as you're willing to accpet the fact that no matter what anyone says, you're still putting smoke into your lungs, which can't be as healthy as clean air..

David
07-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by nejar462

Who are these people???

Shao-LiN
07-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Hehe...weed does have adverse effects on your system. Whether or not they are long term or can cause major damage is another story.

I've tried it, it's not the greatest thing in the world. I remember my friend one time, lost memory of a complete 2 hours that he left the house. He came back and he didn't know where he went or what he did, hehe. That can't be good.

Paul Stagg
07-30-2002, 03:31 PM
You are an idiot if you don't understand the negative health ramifications of inhaling smoke.

That said, ignoring said ramifications, pot isn't that big a deal. I smoked my share (I don't remember much about the summer after I graduated from high school). I grew out of it.

An occasional burn won't have any effect on your training. If you smoke anything regularly and often, that WILL have an effect due to the ill effects on your system.