PDA

View Full Version : critique my diet please

TurboStu
07-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Ok, here is the lowdown. I am 17, 290 lbs, 6'1". I am the biggest guy in my class, and not just weight but muscle size and strength too. I am looking to drop my weight down to 200 lbs, but I would settle for 210 lbs. My diet is as follows:

Breakfast: 1 container of non-fat yogurt= 130 calories, no fat calories, 200 mg of sodium, 21 g of carbs, 14 g sug, and 10g protien. And a glass of water completes it.

Lunch: Is 1 bologna sandwich (2 slices of bologna and 2 slices of whole wheat bread) and 1 container of non-fat yogurt= 260 calories, 15 fat calories, 1.5g fat, 680 mg of sodium, 32g carbs, 17g sugar, 16g protien, 10 mg cholesterol. And usually a can of diet pop

Supper: Supper varies directly day to day, but it is eaten in portions, and good food is always eaten. This is usualy high in porien and lots of vegtables. All in all it's a healthy meal.

Snack: 1 whey protien shake= 80 calories, 10 fat cals, 1.5g fat, 30mg of cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 2g carbs, 1g sugar, 16g protien.

Total for breakfast, lunch, and snack= 470 calories, 25 fat calories, 3g of fat, 915mg of sodium, 55g of carbs, 32g of sugar, 42g of protien, and 40mg of cholesterol.

My supper usually takes my overal calorie count to about 1500 to 1600 calories.

I lift every other day (m, w, and f) and do some exercise (usually cardio, but not extremely hard cardio) everyday.

So is this a good sounding diet to lose some weight? Thanks for the help!

Relentless
07-29-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by TurboStu
So is this a good sounding diet to lose some weight? Thanks for the help!

No, it doesn't sound good.

I'm no nutritionist, but given your stated bodyweight, and the amount of calories you plan to consume, this looks like it'd put your body immediately into near-starvation mode . . .

it might be a good way to lose WEIGHT but not necessarily to lose FAT (which I assume is your goal).

There's a lot of good advice on this board about diet; scan the diet & nutrition board and read some of the other advice there.

To sum most of it up:
- eat clean
- eat often
- eat lots of protein
- try to make sure you get EFAs and vitamins in your diet or via supplementation

SnkeSkiner
07-30-2002, 01:47 PM
Before you even start dieting, just keep track of what you consume and see if you lose or gain weight.

Go from there.

I think your calorie intake is WAY too low.