PDA

View Full Version : Max amount of protein in one meal

GIS
07-28-2002, 06:56 PM
I was curious as to the validity of a statement I heard in a magazine that the body can't fully digest much over 60g of protein in one sitting. It said that it wont hurt you, but it can only digest that much effectively and anything over that can go to waste.

Anybody know anything regarding this issue?

BCC
07-28-2002, 07:00 PM
I think this is a long debated issue. I've heard everything from 30 to 70. I think it totally depends upon the person. There's probably a very good chance it varies between an active weight lifter and your average Joe Schmoe. A lot will probably depend on ones synthesis of protein.

bob2624
07-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
I think this is a long debated issue. I've heard everything from 30 to 70. I think it totally depends upon the person. There's probably a very good chance it varies between an active weight lifter and your average Joe Schmoe. A lot will probably depend on ones synthesis of protein.

I agree completely. I don't know for a fact but i would guess that it is not 60, but instead everyone has a different amount. Since everyone's body works differently in every other way i would assume it would work differently in this case. But as i said, i have nothing to back that up and am only stating my opinion.