PDA

View Full Version : Beercan...

Yaz
05-22-2001, 07:23 AM
You're on a keto diet right now. Got a question, do you get nasty kicking breath? I read somewhere that is one of the things that go along with it. And if you do, is sugarless gum (1g carbs) a totally bad thing if you count it in? :D

kAto
05-22-2001, 08:01 AM
im on it right now, and i dont seem to have a problem with that, maybe its just me.

im sure 1g of carbs isnt going to do much; remember the idea is to stay under 20g a day so you should be fine, just make sure its not fructose.

Chris Rodgers
05-22-2001, 12:55 PM
YAZ-some tooth paste and some mouthwash should take care of your problem. If you have never heard of these or need to know how to use them, just ask. ;)

Yaz
05-22-2001, 01:21 PM
Hard to do during the day when you're confined to an office desk. :D

beercan
05-22-2001, 01:55 PM
Yeah man, I just chew gum all day. I use eclipse, it lasts a while. The **** makes my jaw muscles grow, I chew so much.

BTW, the thread said "beercan" LOL

Budiak
05-22-2001, 10:46 PM
In ancient Greece atheletes used to chew a substance from the Mastich tree, called "mastich gum", and its main purpose was to strengthen the jaw muscles. Mostly given to boxers and wrestlers in order to stave off injury and increase endurance.

Looks like you're one step ahead of us Beercan...

Anthony
05-23-2001, 07:12 AM
Since having a dry mouth is one of the leading causes of bad breath, have you ever wondered why mouthwash contains alcohol which dries out your mouth? tuttut

Yaz
05-23-2001, 08:19 AM
Say...

If I were to carb deplete to get into ketosis, would ECA in that few days period of lethargy be a bad thing? Since some of that will NOT be on an off training day. And is Cardio during this period of time good to hasten the process?

And as far as carb loading on a CKD, what would I do? Eliminate a couple eggs, substitute for whites... lose the PB for a day, drop the mayo... and substitute those calories with something like brown rice and/or oats? I read that you need to lower the fat intake on that day respectively, to keep off any excess fat gain. Or minimize it. The guy at the gym told me I could use losing some fat. He said if I can do a ketosis diet correctly (CKD, we discussed) that I can do it fairly quick. I'm reading my butt off, and asking questions. I may start on Monday so I can get past the period where I'm miserable before I start my new job. I will need all my focus then.

Thanks for any help in advance, bro.

the doc
05-28-2001, 04:30 PM
Dump this eca stack. You will not need it and your heart , blood vessles and liver will thank you

carb load= white bread, white pasta, rice, noodles, etc...

starches basicly. Very important to eat only starches or glucose containing foods. trim down or avoid fructose and lactose. Stay away from table sugar, (sucrose)

Load creatine during this time (if u use it)

also, bad breath can occur if you dont eat some fibre with each meal. It comes from over production of ketones. very high water consumption will help as well by keeping ketone concentrations low. It is a similar effect to that observed from someone who drank a lot of alcohol having booze breath- so be sure and tell the cop that you have a medical condition that prevents use of a breathanalyser if you are ever pulled over.. You will surely fail any such chemical sobriety test while in ketosis

beercan
05-28-2001, 04:36 PM
I ate a box of apple jacks, ice cream, and a few boxes of mac and cheese. Oh, lets not forget BK

05-28-2001, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by the doc
It is a similar effect to that observed from someone who drank a lot of alcohol having booze breath- so be sure and tell the cop that you have a medical condition that prevents use of a breathanalyser if you are ever pulled over.. You will surely fail any such chemical sobriety test while in ketosis

hmm... I wonder if telling the cop that while not in ketosis will work too...

I'm gonna have ot try that next time I get pulled over. ;)

Yaz
05-28-2001, 08:42 PM
Hum... good source of fiber, with little carbs.
Only thing I am coming up with here is Celery.