PDA

View Full Version : Dextrose: Where to get it

Raven Blade
07-31-2002, 10:15 AM
So after looking for smarties or any bulk candy that containded dextrose for a full week I found a place that sells pure dextrose in large quanities for pretty cheap. A Wine-Beer making store. Seems dextrose is used for making your own achohol. I bought 2 1.5KG bags for $4.50CND each and they said they were getting in 5KG bags, which will likely be cheaper. I just pre-mix my dextrose with a scoop of Iced Tea mix for flavor in a container and add water to it after I'm done working out and I'm in carb heaven. If Homer drank this drink he'd go "MMMMM.... sugary.....".

galileo
07-31-2002, 10:21 AM
MMMMMM... carb heaven.

nightop
07-31-2002, 11:13 AM
www.proteinfactory.com :) can't be beat

BennettBoy
07-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Raven Blade
So after looking for smarties or any bulk candy that containded dextrose for a full week

I know NatDogg uses smarties after working out, but how do others feel about this? I can get smarties very easily, but I'm still somewhat reluctant to eat candy after working out LOL:D

Good choice or not?

Raven Blade
07-31-2002, 11:47 AM
I was reluctant too but I wanted dextrose for post workout. I'll tell ya, the stuff that I got doesn't have artificial colors or flavors but it still just sugar and it's sweet as hell. The key is getting a powder form carb into your system as fast as possible after training. Whether you use smarties or the drink that I am using shouldn't really matter.

BennettBoy, did you read that post workout article I posted the other day?

BennettBoy
07-31-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Raven Blade

BennettBoy, did you read that post workout article I posted the other day?

Yes I did and thanks. I have been needing to get some dextrose forever, but haven't found it locally yet. I hate having to order it online. I still think a health food store here will have it, but the first 2 I called did not. Thus, I'm usuing gatorade powder for now even though it may not be the best.

Raven Blade
07-31-2002, 12:22 PM
Go to a wine making shop if you have one nearby.