PDA

View Full Version : diets

kimpy225
07-31-2002, 12:30 PM
ok
some questions about diets!
if someone was going to start a diet.. where you would begin.. if you have never been on one before and you wanted to lose weight? what type..

and when would you start with supplements or fat burners?
would it be before a diet? or during? or after?

and.. how long do you want to stay on the diet? forever? or until you are happy?

and then.. would you still take supplements after your diet if you got off it??

and.. is it bad to change your diet?

Sledgehammer
07-31-2002, 12:41 PM
I would start with this..what is your written goal? next find out what your caloric needs are to maintain your weight, if it is weight loss, cut the daily total by 200-500 a day, spread out over 6 evenly spaced meals ( about 2.5-3 hours apart) Now what to eat? I would eat lean meats , veggies some fruit and water all day....stay away from simple sugar and saturated fats.....now to start I would take a tape measure my bust hip waist stomach thighs etc....and write those next to my goals...then I would maybe take a photo of yourself to put with it.....after that put your eating into action and weigh once a week at most and use the tape measure once every two weeks.....end of every month take a photo....also I like to set one ,eal a week to eat what ever I want....

Now after putting this into place supplements are next. A multi-vitamin start day one , flax-seed oil day one , after a few weeks you can do a fatburner , but until diet and exercise is right, they will only cost you money....you do this for about 6-8 weeks you will see a change!

IceRgrrl
07-31-2002, 12:45 PM
Eat less, move more is the simple version...good diet goes hand in hand with exercise.

How about working out? You hang out here enough...might as well start lifting, no?

kimpy225
07-31-2002, 12:48 PM
thanks guys
i dont know if i want to yet.. i just want to read more up about it and i know this is the place to go.
i used to lift more but i never really said that i did. i need to get started on that again.

how can you tell what is a good number of calories for the weight you have?

Sledgehammer
07-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Look up BMR in yahoo or another search engine, It stands for base metabolic rate...it will walk you from there.....just by eating the way I told you you will increase you metobolism and just an increase in activity or just weight training twice a week will pay dividends to you......also I do not go for that 1+ hour work out, I stay at or under 45 minutes each time......just i do stay exercising about 5 days a week 3 lifting 2 cardio....