PDA

View Full Version : Getting to 200lbs...

GeneticallyGifted
07-31-2002, 04:14 PM
I trying to get to 200 or even just break the 190 mark. I am having the most trouble that I have had all year. I'm thinking that my body has gotten used to my whole eating routine or maybe my workout routine. I have changed my workouts some so I don't think that is it. I want to know some suggestions on how to break past this 185lbs. that I have been stuck on for about 1 1/2 months. I eat clean all day, about every 2 hrs. Its really getting on my nerves. I haven't lost weight but I'm not gaining either. I'm still improving on strength but not as fast as I was when I was gaining weight. SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!

GG
:cry: :cry: :help: :cry: :cry: :help:

MarshallPenn
07-31-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey man, are you still super lean? You had some amazing growth before, it's hard to keep that going indefinitely. If you eat more, you will get bigger, but it may not be muscle!

Manveet
07-31-2002, 08:33 PM
How many cals are you getting in a typical day?

GeneticallyGifted
07-31-2002, 09:24 PM
I am still "super lean" and my growth has been slowed some. I am trying to eat about 4000-5000cals. I eat every 2hrs and its really getting to me that the weight has been put on "pause" for the moment.

Behemoth
07-31-2002, 09:28 PM
You've only been in the gym for around 4 months correct? Maybe you just saw the explosive "newbie gains" that everyone get's their first couple of months then slows down.
Eat like a horse for a few weeks, and if that doesn't speed things up switch your rountine more drastically, maybe try HST. And if you still having got any real gains, I'd say it's safe to assume that your previous gains were "newbie gains".

BTW, post some pics after you finish bulking, you looked awesome ripped!

Manveet
07-31-2002, 11:02 PM
At like 4000-5000 cals I would think you'd be gaining at least a 1lb a week. How long have you noticed this "pause" in body weight? Has it been goin on for days, weeks, months?

MarshallPenn
07-31-2002, 11:10 PM
Search on "Leptin", and also try eating a thing of peanut butter a day!

Budiak
08-01-2002, 05:26 AM
I've been working out for 8 years and I've just gotten to be 160lbs at 13%. One word. Quitchabitchin. I cat eat enough. I bulked a few weeks ago and gained about 3lbs over 6 weeks, eating about 3000 calories a day until I felt like was going to puke. If you can eat 5000 a day, do it, for the love of God. EAT EAT EAT and you WILL grow.

GeneticallyGifted
08-01-2002, 11:07 AM
I gain quite abit of weight. The pause has been about 1 full month that I have noticed, maybe longer. I eat all the time, and I'm not BITCHIN' just try to get some suggestions on how to break this. I've been working out for about 7+ months now.

Marshall I'll try that. I eat PB alot now but I will try and eat a tub of it a day.

Thanks for the suggestions. More are always welcomed.

MRJ
08-01-2002, 11:22 AM
In my experience carb. intake is key, even more so than total calories. I can eat 4k a day with high carb. intake and add pounds. (albeit a lot of 'em are of the type we all despise & fluid I'd assume)

Conversely, I can eat 4k with moderate carb. & higher fat and gain very little fat, but muscle gains are slower as well.

You've tried caloric cycling I'm assuming ?

nejar462
08-01-2002, 11:31 AM
OMG me and GG have the same exact problem, I could eat more but i need to get a good a job so i can afford to, my mom said she wont buy me ne more food daily :)

Manveet
08-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Hey GG, what kind of routine are you on right now? High volume? Are you doin any cardio right now?

Raven Blade
08-01-2002, 01:08 PM
If you are not gaining weight you are not eating enough.

I have know lots of people who overestimated how many calories they are eating. 4000-5000 calories a day is a LOT of food. Eating clean food (like I do) means it's harder to get your cals up. I eat till I am sick sometimes and I bet I'm barely over 3000 cals.

I am not saying you aren't eating what you are eating but if you are then you are expending a lot too. If you eat more than you expend you gain weight. Fat most likely but weight.

GeneticallyGifted
08-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Raven Blade I guess its possible that I am not eating as much as I think. I know that I take in quite abit but I know that I eat every two hrs starting @ 8 in the morning.

Raven Blade
08-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Eat more :thumbup:

GeneticallyGifted
08-02-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Raven Blade
Eat more :thumbup:

Sound like a plan. Simple as it sounds, we all know better...but that is the plan.

Blood&Iron
08-02-2002, 03:12 PM
I'd agree with most of what others have posted.

1)You're still relatively new to lifting. Don't assume you can keep making the sort of incredible gains you've had these first 6 months. It's just not gonna happen. Otherwise, you'd look like Ronnie Coleman in another two years.

2)Eat more. I wouldn't even be that paranoid about eating clean. Sure oats and chicken breast are great, but you've got to eat a crapload of the stuff to get a substantial amount of calories. Healthy fats are an easy way to keep calories high without having to eat 10lbs of food a day. Also, make carbs the primary source of your calories, as they should be on a bulking diet. Unless you're on anabolics you really don't need much more than 1g/lb of bodyweight for proteing. Having a few weight gainer shakes while frowned upon by many is a good way to pack in extra calories.

3)It's incredibly difficult/impossible for most people to put on substantial mass without adding a bit of fat at the same time. Accept that you're gonna put on some fat. As long as you don't pull a Lee Priest, it should be easy enough for you to diet off later on.

4)Maybe look at some other training approaches. You doing quite high intensity/high volume work from what I recall. Perhaps, while it worked in the beginning, it may no longer be ideal. As someone else suggested, you might want to look at HST if size gains are what's most important to you.

ryuage
08-02-2002, 05:48 PM
a tub of pb a day whoa now haha... i think you're gonna get sick :) im about 193 and i gain on about 3000 calories :\

LAM
08-05-2002, 02:13 PM
what macros are you using ? the key to bulking or gaining weight in general is a high intake of low GI complex carbs. to keep the body in a constant anabolic state insulin must be present at low levels pretty much all the time.

galileo
08-05-2002, 04:09 PM
I think the only genetic gift you have is an ultra fast metabolism. Since you eat like a friggen horse you gained some decent weight in your first few months. Now, you can be welcomed to the real world, as humbling as it may be.

GeneticallyGifted
08-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Sounds good LAM, I'll try that. Let you guys know about my progress in weight in a few weeks.

MRJ
08-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by galileo
I think the only genetic gift you have is an ultra fast metabolism. Since you eat like a friggen horse you gained some decent weight in your first few months. Now, you can be welcomed to the real world, as humbling as it may be.

"Genetically" has many gifts, check-out his images some time, quite impressive.