PDA

View Full Version : A beer a day...

The Badass
07-31-2002, 05:50 PM
Okay, obviously if your objective is fat loss, you would avoid a beer a day...you would avoid beer altogether.

But if you're not focusing on fat loss, just muscle gain, how would a beer a day play into that?

BrooklinBrawler
07-31-2002, 08:42 PM
dude i drink on the weekends but during the week its all buisness, i dont see what the problem w/ drinkin a couple on the weekend w/ ur freinds i dont see no harm in that. so drink on but not to much :redface:

GIS
07-31-2002, 08:58 PM
There have been a few threads started on the matter already... do a search on 'alcohol' or brows through this forum and you'll find some good debating. ;)

g-dot
07-31-2002, 09:00 PM
It's a bad idea for several reasons unless you really love drinking beer.

1. It's a waste of calories. You can eat something more satisfying for those calories like a slice of pizza or something or a few wings. (I'm not sure of the calories at the size of those types of things it's just an example)

2. Alcohol dehydrates you.

3. Alcohol has detrimental effects on protein synthesis; namely it retards it. Although 1 beer a day isn't THAT big a deal with this point (this point mainly concerns consuming enough alcohol to get buzzed/drunk) it's still something to consider.

So I mean if you love beer, go for it. It won't cause you any ill effects and I believe that they found beer consumed in moderation to be good for the heart. Frankly, if I was going to drink alcohol I'd just have it occaisionally and just consume more then, 6-8 drinks instead of one every day. By occaisionally I mean once a month or every 2 months or so. For me that would be more favourable, but hey its personal.

Saint Patrick
08-04-2002, 10:02 PM
Arnold used to drink beer after a workout. :p

Personally, I've all but given up beer since I've cleaned up my diet and started BB'ing.

If you really can't give it up, at least switch to light beer.

LAM
08-05-2002, 02:06 PM
regular consumption of alcohol can lower your insulin sensitivity...

AdamGberg
08-08-2002, 07:41 AM
is hard liquor better then beer? in that you consume less calories...i know wine has tons of fat in it..but it is supposedly good for your heart. it seems like that everything has a good effect and bad effect nowadays...

Stray
08-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Liquor would have a few less calories then beer so go with liquor if you must..( a shot of JD has like 96 calories vs whatever beer you choose)

sherlock
08-08-2002, 08:08 AM
it supresses testosterone; moreso than issues of calories in beer, the negative effect on test is more than enough reason for me to stay away.

nejar462
08-08-2002, 10:22 AM
I've said this before but sumo wrestlers drink a bottle of saki everyday. AND THEY'RE HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Saint Patrick
08-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
I've said this before but sumo wrestlers drink a bottle of saki everyday. AND THEY'RE HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

How many people on this board want to look like a sumo wrestler...................

Maki Riddington
08-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LAM
regular consumption of alcohol can lower your insulin sensitivity...

*** When you state "regular consumption" what do you mean by that? It's a pretty vauge statement.

I see no harm in having a beer everyday, I partake in this during the summer more than in the winter. I would say that it would all depend on your goals in the end and how dedicated your willing to be.

Natural Animal
08-08-2002, 08:58 PM
I have a couple on the weekend with friends and maybe 1 after work or uni on the weekdays every now and then depending on my stress level.

I heard it was good as a post workout drink, a beer a day can be good for you in many peoples opinnions. I feel like a beer now.

LabiosDeMierda
08-09-2002, 07:33 PM
uhm i drink everyday, im a beer afficionado... i have a seperate fridge stocked with beer, but im slowly cutting down... ive switched to hard liqour well mixed drinks and i go all out when it comes to Rum its strictly Bacardi 151 Proof a bit more expensive but a quarter of the drinks float me to inibriation im on two rum runners now :D... and for the all out party **** its double tequila shots when im looking to sip and trip. its all a matter of choice... Amstel light is the best tasting light beer and the lightest unless you consider that shitty Mechelobe Ultra (taste like water and barley) but i have a gut and love handles all a token of my investment in brew.... choose wiseley...

PowerManDL
08-09-2002, 08:18 PM
I don't see the point in drinking just one beer. One just pisses me off at this stage.

nejar462
08-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Sumo wrestlers are like BBers who never ever cut, just always bulk hardcore.