PDA

View Full Version : Question on WBB diet article

Michael Only
07-31-2002, 11:49 PM
Hi:

I read the diet article on the wbb web page and I found it quite interesting. However I have a few questions.

a) How acurate are the BMR & AMR formulas on calculating caloric needs?? (Doing the math my BMR = 1788.74 & AMR = 2861.984)

b) In order to construct a diet, the article uses a "ratio of 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 20% fat" for the sake of simplicity. If I wanna bulk up, what is the proper ratio I should use?

c) When all the math is done, should I distribute all of my 5-6 meals equally through the day or should I eat more/less protein, carbs & fat before/after workout and on offdays?

d) Overall, can I make a decent and effective diet if I follow these procedure in order to gain some mass?

Any coments or suggestions on dieting will be appreciated

Heres the link to the article:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=19&pageid=1

Thanx a lot.

Paul Stagg
08-01-2002, 07:57 AM
a) How acurate are the BMR & AMR formulas on calculating caloric needs?? (Doing the math my BMR = 1788.74 & AMR = 2861.984)

** Certainly close enough for our purposes. I use 15 x bw, and it usually works out.

b) In order to construct a diet, the article uses a "ratio of 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 20% fat" for the sake of simplicity. If I wanna bulk up, what is the proper ratio I should use?

** That's as good a place as any to start.

c) When all the math is done, should I distribute all of my 5-6 meals equally through the day or should I eat more/less protein, carbs & fat before/after workout and on offdays?

** Depends. I like to heat more carbs before and after training, and less carbs in other meals, and I'll reduce carb intake on non training days. That's just me, though.

d) Overall, can I make a decent and effective diet if I follow these procedure in order to gain some mass?

** Sure.

Michael Only
08-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Thanx for your reply Paul. Im gonna construct my diet based on the article.

But what did you meant when saying "I use 15 x bw"...sorry, Im fairly new at this and I dont understand some of the things posted in the forums
:confused:

raniali
08-01-2002, 02:46 PM
15 cals per pound of bodyweight

Michael Only
08-01-2002, 03:20 PM
So should I use the number of cals obtained with the formula, or should I just use 15 cals per pound of bodyweight????

Ok, one last question.

Just for curiosity, what are other protein/carbs/fat ratio splits for bulking, for cutting up, to mantain current weight, etc...?

Feckless
08-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Another popular diet ratio is isocaloric; that is, getting calories equally from protein, fat and carbohydrate (33/33/33).

Since my bulking diet requires 3000 cals/day, eating isocaloric makes the math easy for me. :D 250g protein, 250g carbs, 111g fat daily.