PDA

View Full Version : cabbage soup diet

fubar
08-01-2002, 09:59 AM
has anyone tried the cabbage soup diet?

a couple of links:

http://members.fortunecity.com/gillonj/thecabbagesoupdiet/

http://www.aboutcabbagesoupdiet.com/recipe.htm

if I use this diet to jumpstart a health kick, (losing a few pounds at the start would be a very good motivator for me - i know it's better to go slow and steady but I lose motication quickly :)

if you are drinking plenty water, then the weight loss shouldnt just be water should it?

Also, if combined with 20 mins of aerobic excersize a day, would that be healthy?

basically, I'm about 16 pounds overweight, and if I can reduce my beerbelly, it would be a lot easier for me to kick my ass into the gym..

what do you think then?

Stray
08-01-2002, 10:04 AM
Any weight you loose on that would be muscle I would think...starving yourself isn't a replacement for a clean diet and moderate excercise.

Tryska
08-01-2002, 10:14 AM
sorry..but in my opinion that diet sucks.

hardcore.

also cabbage can actually inhibit thyroid function, so i can't see large amounts of it over time can be that wonderful when it comes to weight-loss.

you want a good lifestyle that will help you easily lose weight?

eat 5-6 times a day, roughly every 3 hours.
eat enough protein to support your lean body mass. i like 1 g/lb lbm.
choose your carbohydrates and fats wisely.
weight-train on a decent schedule.
toss in some cardio on the days your not training.

relatively easy, and sane.

Stray
08-01-2002, 10:17 AM
Not to mention the gas you must get on that diet.. tuttut

fubar
08-01-2002, 10:19 AM
fair enough - the cabbage soup diet get booted into the bin ;)

Tryska
08-01-2002, 10:21 AM
ace.

that was pretty easy. *lol*

really ya gotta look at what your doing as a lifestyle change.

and your "beer-belly" shouldn't stop you from training hardcore. how else do you think your gonna be able to lose that belly, if not moving more? ;)

fubar
08-01-2002, 10:27 AM
oh if only quick fixes worked.... There would be a lot more healthy but lazy people about ;)

Tryska
08-01-2002, 10:28 AM
yeah, but they'd only be temporaryily healthy, cuz as soon as they were done, they'd stop and lose everything they gained. (or lost..or something *lol*)

freztek
08-01-2002, 10:39 AM
I've got a little belly on me and I still train hardcore in the gym. The belly is actually shrinking. Dude what I suggest to you is to just go and hit the gym. In about 2 weeks you'll see that you will start to carry yourself better...clothes will automatically start fitting better. Now this may just be changes that nobody but yourself can notice but man they do help for motivation. I would suggest one of the high protein low carb diets thats running around on this board. Goodluck...stay with it.

RG570
08-01-2002, 04:26 PM
Does anyone here remember a troll off of the MM forums whos diet consisted of mainly cabbage soup? Australin door man i think. That guy was hilarious.

TreeTrunks
08-03-2002, 02:06 PM
cabbage soup diet? LOL What will the hippie fruitcakes think up next?