PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout Nutrition 101!

majsi98
08-01-2002, 01:52 PM
Ok right now I am revising all the major aspects of nutrition to give me an anabolic edge here is the summary I made after reading a lot of articles concerning post workout nutrition. Hope you find it of some use for all you confused with the most important meal of the day!
Regards mister majsi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

majsi98
08-01-2002, 01:53 PM
I didnt revised my grammer after summing it up so it may contain some grammatical imprecisions! but I consider the actual content good.

Vynod
08-01-2002, 02:07 PM
great article.

majsi98
08-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Thanks: for those lazy guys who dont wish to read the entire articile I am further summing it up here:

Post workout meal
Aims
1. Replenish low glycogen stores
2. Decrease muscle protein breakdown
3. Force further increase in muscle protein synthesis

How should you eat:

Carbs : 0.8 gr per kg (maltodextrin + dextrose at a ratio of 1:1)
Protein : 0.4gr per kg (whey hydrolized)
Fat : shoot for 0gr
Amino Acids
BCAA
Free form amino acids
L -glutamine (5-10 gr)
ALA 600mg - 1000mg
Multivitamin + Vitamin C
Creatine 5gr
Water Intake 1/2 liter with each

Take this combo twice, one imediatly after training the other 30 minutes after training, the last one should we sipped rather than consumed at one go. Make sure that after 1 hour post training you have consumed up to 2 liters of water. Please dont try to consume it at one go.

Another point is that intake of carbs should be modified accordingly to intensity and volume. Doing 8 sets to failure is not the same as 20 sets !!!

Protein intake should be in the range of 30-50gr per serving!

majsi98
08-01-2002, 02:25 PM
My question is would this post workout nutrition be also optimal for athletes taking anabolics? If so what should be changed?
I think that only the protein intake should be changed but tell me if I am wrong!!

majsi98
08-02-2002, 07:33 AM
bump for me!! somebody answer the question pls!

Maki Riddington
08-02-2002, 08:01 AM
It depends, usually most anabolics incraese insulin sensitivity so your carb uptake could be increased. But this would also be dependant on the intensity of your workouts.

Btw, where are your references?
I'd like to see them.:)
Thanks.

Spiderman
08-02-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Btw, where are your references?
I'd like to see them.:)
Thanks.

:withstupi

On another note, fat should not be totally avoided post-workout. It has been found that although recovery is fast with a combination of carbs and protein post exercise the addition of a small amount of fat can speed that up a little more. You shouldn't go overboard of course, but my fat intake post-workout is about 6-7 g.

majsi98
08-03-2002, 12:48 AM
OK for refernces I m sorry I did not include any but I will start to include them in my future posts ....

majsi98
08-03-2002, 12:50 AM
For fats I d think It may also be benefecial to add a small quantity of fats but as you said , its very easy to go overboard with fats so throwing a minute ammount of fat is not going to do any harm but it may if a certain threshold is reached

Spiderman
08-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Wow, majsi... for what seems like a clear explanation, that last post of yours was very clearly vague as hell...lol