PDA

View Full Version : Another myth bites the dust. Drinking water with meal.

Raven Blade
08-01-2002, 03:54 PM
I fell for this one to; that drinking water with a meal washed away nutrients. According to this article that's not the case.

Water with Meals (http://my.webmd.com/living_better_content/dnn/article/1671.51468)

If anyone can find an article that says different please post. Until then....

pass the water jug please.

NateDogg
08-01-2002, 04:02 PM
That was a myth? Had never even heard of it.

David
08-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Why would you want to drink water while eating? It would just fill you up and make it harder for you to finish your chcken and rice!

Maybe a few sips, to wash the food down.

raniali
08-01-2002, 04:24 PM
maybe tripleP has something there...

i think i'll try taking my fiber tonight without h2o
and then, drink my flax oil solo
hell - i'll just start guzzling all my powdered supplements like the candy that comes in straws

no more water for me!

(dude - maybe its the voices in ur head again ;) )

NateDogg
08-01-2002, 04:40 PM
lol, TripleP, I guess I do see that as true because I tend to keep my drink until after I finish eating.

Shao-LiN
08-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Never heard of that myth. And now that I heard it, I don't agree with it at all =P.

nejar462
08-01-2002, 04:57 PM
no offense raven blade, but thats a pretty ridiculous myth, i mean i never heard of it, it doesn't even make any sense regardless of what logic you use. Most myth's actually make sense if you use incorrect logic but that one doesn.t

Bigmofo
08-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Wait a minute, I read on flex that water indeed washed away the nutrients, and Flex never lies!!! :rolleyes: mmm..no wonder their "Ultimate Ronnie Coleman's 20 sets arm blaster routine" didnt work..

nightop
08-01-2002, 07:06 PM
i have heard of this.. thx for the link.

Raven Blade
08-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by nejar462
no offense raven blade, but thats a pretty ridiculous myth

So is the myth about the scuba diver corpse found in a tree where a forest fire had been put out years before by water bombers. Neither of them are my myths. Doesn't mean they aren't myths. And to tell the truth I don't think the water with meals one is all that unbelievable.

:thumbup: <== just imagine he has another digit held up

Budiak
08-02-2002, 03:50 PM
I killed that guy and stashed him in the tree. I cant believe they found him!

Anyways I usually eat while sipping a diet coke. It makes everything taste better. Everything. I never, however, drink a few glasses of water with a meal(maybe a 32oz diet coke with my 12 tacos from the Bell), it just wastes good foodin' space.