PDA

View Full Version : caffine

bigedge
08-02-2002, 07:26 AM
i currently take my protein with caffine because it doesnt taste so bad but i am worried about how much caffine i actually have

i have 3 tea spoons of caffine with each protein shake 3 times a day

is this doing anything bad to me

Relentless
08-02-2002, 10:02 AM
according to the label of your caffiene powder, how much caffiene is that 3 scoops, in mg? Do you know?

bigedge
08-02-2002, 10:28 PM
doesnt say but just 3 teaspoons of instant coffee

Spiderman
08-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Why would you worry about how much caffiene you have? A typical serving of instant coffee is 1 tblsp I believe.... Check on the label for the amount needed for one serving. One serving is usually classified as a 6 oz cup, which has around 200mg caffiene.

Behemoth
08-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Why would you worry about how much caffiene you have?

1. Because it dehydrates you

2. Because if your not fully grown (bone wise) It will stunt your growth and you may not grow to your full potential.

bigedge
08-04-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Spiderman
Why would you worry about how much caffiene you have? A typical serving of instant coffee is 1 tblsp I believe.... Check on the label for the amount needed for one serving. One serving is usually classified as a 6 oz cup, which has around 200mg caffiene.

well spidey thats why i am asking because i dont know weather or not i am having too much caffine each day

Spiderman
08-04-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by TryingToBeBig

1. Because it dehydrates you

**Of course it dehydrates you, hell anyone knows that. Thats why we drink water during the day. (Course, we may as well give up alcohol altogether, any sweating that we do and anything else causing dehydration after all...wouldn't want that to happen ever again now would we?)

2. Because if your not fully grown (bone wise) It will stunt your growth and you may not grow to your full potential.

**ummm... I'd like to see scientific evidence that proves caffiene stunts your growth. If thats true then that means that it effectively causes the growth plates to close early. hmm.. I been drinking coffee since age 16 and my growth hasn't stunted... :scratch: