PDA

View Full Version : Carb Loading

MEGAMAN
08-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Has anyone ever done Carb loading? Would like some info on how it is done.........

raniali
08-02-2002, 12:08 PM
How it is done pretty much depends on how you are 'dieting' at all other times and what your goals are.

Can you elaborate....?

MEGAMAN
08-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by raniali
How it is done pretty much depends on how you are 'dieting' at all other times and what your goals are.

Can you elaborate....?

As I am to understand it....Carb loading is supposed to be a technique by witch a body builder can increase his mass ....while maintaining a low BF%.......Traditionally eating simple Carbs are known for putting on fat....This is the case with sedentary individuals ......With athletes if they eat the proper amount of Carbs in theory the body should convert the Carbs to glucose and if muscle stress has taken place then the glucose should convert it to glycogen and be used to reenergize the muscle much quicker ....enabling the Body Builder to train harder and longer....I assume......It is a very tricky concept how ever and I assume it varies greatly between individuals.....and the timing of your meals and workouts are crucial for u to obtain optimum results.......

I have never tried it....My body has a tendency to store fat when I eat lots of Carbs......So I would need to learn more about the science involved before I would consider giving it a go.......

raniali
08-02-2002, 01:03 PM
okok - u used 'carb loading' very generally and it can mean a number of things. What you r interested in is carb manipulation - not really carb loading - although carb manipulation can involve traditional carb loading.

Supplying too much of anything (especially carb energy) will result in fat storage. Minimizing carb energy works ONLY in specific low-carb or keto diets which are mainly geared towards losing fat while maintaing...not gaining. You (I am assuming) are interested in overall growth with minimal fat gains. Carb manipulation can help you realize awesome gains.

There are SEVERAL threads here at WBB about:
carb cycling
carbs pre/post workout
carbs in the morning-vs-evening
carbs as liquids-vs-solids
carb loading
low-carb/keto diets
carbs with/without protein and with/without fat
carbs with supplements
yadayadayada

Spend some time doing a search and you should have most, if not all, of your questions answered.

MEGAMAN
08-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Thanks Much....well appriciated:)