PDA

View Full Version : Protein ****

SkinnyPupp
08-02-2002, 02:51 PM
I increased my daily protein intake by adding whey supplements to my diet.. I have a whey shake about twice a day. I am also taking creatine (doing 5g a day)

But ever since doing this, I have been taking the nastiest, liquidiest shits. It is nothing too painful, but pretty annoying... I fart a lot too, really stinky ones

Is this caused by certain brands of whey protein? Maybe a better brand would give me nice thick poo? I tend to think Prolab would be OK though... When I drink a protein/carb mix like Myoplex (don't laugh, it was free) I don't have this problem...

Or maybe I'm just not getting enough fibre in my diet?

I dunno, my diet is OK with normal food, all I did was add protein supplements...

Anyone have experience with nasty Protein turds?

Tryska
08-02-2002, 02:56 PM
are you lactose intolerant?

SkinnyPupp
08-02-2002, 02:59 PM
Nope, I have never had this problem before

Oh wait, I just realized I have been mixing the whey with soy milk... Next time I'll try it with just regular milk and see what happens...

Maybe even... water.. ugh :p

freztek
08-02-2002, 03:19 PM
When I first started taking creatine and whey the same thing happened to me. My bowel movements got normal again after a couple weeks...however I do get some mean gas from time to time. Goodluck!

SkinnyPupp
08-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Thanks Frez, I'll see what happens in a while... I took creatine before I bought this whey and had no problems... I think it might be the soy.

If it continues to happen on milk, I'll return it any buy something else...

GIS
08-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Yeah it takes a while to adjust and a couple of other factors might contribute.

Creatine gave my friend the nastiest gas ever, so it might just be how your body reacts to it. I should adapt though.

Also, the brand of protein can make a big difference. I bought a small box of Twinlab meal replacements and they gave me a horrible bout with the squirts... it was basically exiting my system without being digested. Try a different brand once your current supply is up and see if it makes a difference.

Also, between how much I eat now and my suppliments, my digestivce system is usually a little off kilter and it's something you learn to live with. It shouldn't be bad... just not what you're used too.

SkinnyPupp
08-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Okay after a few days of using milk instead of soy milk, I have come to the conclusion that it was indeed the soy milk that was causing the nasty turds.

So no more soy for this boy!