PDA

View Full Version : check my diet please!

frankm007
05-23-2001, 08:56 AM
please delete

Taras
05-23-2001, 07:35 PM
I would cut back a bit on the protein and add some fruits and vegetables, or at least a glass of orange juice and a glass of low salt V-8 juice. This would add some important nutrients and get the actual diet composition more in line with what you had calculated to be your goal. You might need some Metamucil for fiber, and a multivitamin/mineral tablet wouldn't hurt.

Joe Black
05-24-2001, 02:59 AM
Frank, what is your goal with this diet ?

Spiderman
05-24-2001, 05:28 AM
I agree with Taras. Frank I think you need to lower your protein by a significant amount. Try lowering it to around 210-225 g.

vpy
05-24-2001, 12:48 PM
3100 calories seems to be pretty high for a cutting diet. How many calories do you eat when you bulk? I personally like to keep away from dairy when I'm cutting.

Budiak
05-24-2001, 05:48 PM
3100 cals for a cizzle dizzle?
That does seem hizzle, but I dont knizzle your mizzle, nizzle. What do you bizzle on, that rizzle hizzle.

Oh crap I've brizzled it into the forums...oh shizzle.

Zizzle....nizzle...OH MAH GIZZLE

Taras
05-24-2001, 07:26 PM
It looks better, but I have a few more suggestions.

1. I think you should also include a multivitamin/mineral tablet, such as One-A-Day for men.

2. How about flax seeds instead of flax seed oil? I eat 3 tablespoons a day. You have to grind them up in an electric coffee grinder, and you can't really use it for anything else (like coffee beans) because it's hard to thoroughly clean out between uses. You can buy one for about $20, and you easily recoup your investment because the seeds are usually a lot cheaper than the oil. I pay $1.99 per pound. According to the package, 3 tablespoons contain 9g of fat, 10g of carbs, 5g of protein, and 6g of fiber. You can mix it with cereal.

3. You included specific amounts of water at certain times. I hope these are just minimums, since there's no reason to hold back on water if you're thirsty.

4. Speaking of water, do you really need 12 oz of water and 2 cups of milk at 9:30 PM? Unless your bladder's a lot bigger than mine, you'll be getting up to pee all night.

5. I still think some non starchy vegetables, or at least some low sodium V-8 juice, would be a good idea for fiber and phytochemicals.

Yaz
05-24-2001, 07:40 PM
I'm just going to add my two cents here. I personally believe that is way too many carbs to cut up on. Cut back on the milk, the grapes aren't really needed, and I would take dairy only in the AM with the cream of wheat. Your last meal at least should contain little to no carbs. Personally (Again, I stress personally) my last two meals contain a total of 6g carbohydrates. You are taking creatine early, so obviously you train early in the day... what use do you have for carbs at night, other than to shuttle and to relax the body? A very low amount would be sufficient, and might yield better results. I'm also not sure, but what kind of carbs does that Promax bar contain? Simple? High glycemic? The grapes I am not sure on quite honestly, on the GI rating and I don't know a reference offhand. These are things you need to ask yourself and evaluate when dieting to lose fat.

Though I'm no guru. These are just things I would do. Don't take it from me. I dieted to lose 70 lbs, not caring how much muscle I lost. I came out of it good, at about 55-15 ratio fat/lbm. tuttut

beercan
05-25-2001, 07:47 AM
IMO, that's too much immediatly post training...I'd have the juice, protein, and supps at 12....then, take my nap, and once I woke up (around 1) have the subway hero, on wheat bread, of course.

I'd also focus more on a bigger breakfast...have like 6 eggs, instead of just curds and whey, LOL.

BTW, protein is still a little high...

YatesNightBlade
05-29-2001, 03:39 AM
I agree with BC. Lose throw some eggs in there ... there the best source of protein. Protein is too high also. Have your protein shke post workout.

Alex.V
05-31-2001, 12:30 PM
So y'all are saying his protein is too high, his carbs are too high, and....

Wow, dude, get used to flax seed oil, I guess.... ;)