PDA

View Full Version : what needs changing?

EAGLE
08-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Here is my intake for today. What should I change to add more mass to this 130 lb frame?

calories=3500
fat=128
carbs=379
protien=209

I Need some real help here!!

Manveet
08-02-2002, 07:05 PM
Looks decent for gaining, but if your not, up it to 4000cals.

EAGLE
08-02-2002, 07:16 PM
Thank's for the reply, having trouble finding time to eat as much as I need to. Work mechanics and on my feet 8-10 hours a day and covered in grease most of it. Will the lack of time to eat hurt me? or do I have other options? Already taking enlarge2.

GIS
08-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Make sure your protein is coming from good sources (milk, eggs, meat, whey) and not just breads and starches. Also, make sure the carbs you eat are quailty, such as from whole grains and complex carbs... not sugar.

The biggest thing is training so make sure you research the boards well and ask questions. I didn't grow for a year and couldn't figure out why until I realized I was training completely wrong.

Manveet
08-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Thank's for the reply, having trouble finding time to eat as much as I need to. Work mechanics and on my feet 8-10 hours a day and covered in grease most of it. Will the lack of time to eat hurt me? or do I have other options? Already taking enlarge2.

I hate it when I have to work to. I understand it makes it difficult to get in all the cals you need, try as best as you, pack a big friggin lunch, and a decent size snack. It's tough, but hopefully you'll find the time, good luck.

GIS
08-03-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Manveet

I hate it when I have to work to. I understand it makes it difficult to get in all the cals you need, try as best as you, pack a big friggin lunch, and a decent size snack. It's tough, but hopefully you'll find the time, good luck.

I just started an internship that will very likely lead to part time employment once school starts in September. It's a corporate job, but I have all the freedom to eat whenever I want or step outside on the large balcony to get a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I work hard and never take advantage of the freedom, but I'm very lucky when it comes to the flexibility I have in maintaining my diet which includes a lot of calories and food every two hours. They have a fridge about 30 feet away, full sink, microwave, etc. Sure beats my 8 hour sifts last year doing retail where I was on my feet the whole time and only got 30 minutes to eat.

Manveet
08-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Sure beats my 8 hour sifts last year doing retail where I was on my feet the whole time and only got 30 minutes to eat

I work in retail, and it does suck.

Spiderman
08-03-2002, 10:27 AM

Decent? WTF? Damn dude...that fat content is way to bloody high!! Hell, I'd wager even people in Ketosis don't eat that much fat per day. LOWER IT!! Damn, get it down to around 60-70 g max. That is PLENTY!

EAGLE
08-04-2002, 02:43 AM
Thanks to all!!

Feckless
08-04-2002, 02:52 AM

Don't you think 4000cals/day is a little much for someone who weighs 130lbs?

EAGLE, what's your Active Metabolic Rate using this (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=19&pageid=2) formula?

EAGLE
08-04-2002, 03:08 AM
Close as I can figure, 2701 using the formula.

EAGLE
08-04-2002, 03:09 AM
I also stopped smoking about 3 weeks ago, eat more, and I have lost 4 lbs rather than gaining like I want to do.

majsi98
08-04-2002, 04:03 AM
Eagle 3500Kcal is enough calories to bulk at 130lbs I wouldn't suggest to eat 4000 Kcal. Progress by 200 calories everytime you notice a lack of improvement.
Why everyone keeps refering to Kcal as calories ? :) No seriously, What everyone keeps refering to as calories are in reality Kcalories! What is a a calorie? A calorie is the ammount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 liter of water by one degree. We have a thousand of them. ;)