PDA

View Full Version : Too much of a good thing? (peanut butter)

Bong Hog
08-03-2002, 01:06 PM
My mom works at a school cafeteria, so she often brings food home with her. She brings home the leftover peanut butter sandwiches they give to the kids with no lunch money, and I eat them constantly. There's like 50 of them in my kitchen right now. Now sure that's a good thing because I'm trying to put some meat on my skinny ass frame (175 at 5'11), but my question is, would having peanut butter sandwiches as 50-60% of my diet be a very bad thing? I know the peanut butter diet is a prison house favorite for gaining weight, so I figure it's good enough for me. Opinions?

NateDogg
08-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Well, one. The peanut butter is most likely not natural peanut butter. Therefore, it has a bunch of additives and crap that you do not want. Try to stick to natty PB. Two, I am imagining the bread as being white bread, which, nutritionally is quite worthless. Bottom line, NO, definitely do not get 50-60% of your diet from those. Try to avoid them alltogether.

Spawn_X
08-04-2002, 02:00 AM
At 5'11 175lb you don't have a "skinny ass frame".

Why would you want to gain weight at this moment? Unless you're 175 with ~10% body fat (which I'm sure you're not) you don't need to gain weight..

someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think at 5'11 175 you're in good shape if not a bit on the fatty side (unless its muscle).

BCC
08-04-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Spawn_X
At 5'11 175lb you don't have a "skinny ass frame".

Why would you want to gain weight at this moment? Unless you're 175 with ~10% body fat (which I'm sure you're not) you don't need to gain weight..

someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think at 5'11 175 you're in good shape if not a bit on the fatty side (unless its muscle).

Come on buddy, no one's ever satisfied, let the man pack on some weight!

Silverback
08-04-2002, 04:26 AM
:withstupi

But dont let your diet be 50-60% of that stuff, because you need a variety to get the right nutrients

nightop
08-04-2002, 10:22 AM
It is HIGHLY unlikely that the peanut butter you are eating is natural.... so don't eat those... only eat natural peanut butter.... regular peanut butter is chocked full of Trans-fatty acids which negatively impact testosterone, cholesterol, etc.... I wouldn't base 1% of my diet on that... Get Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter.

However, even a diet of 50% (hypothetical) Natural Peanut butter is way too much (aside from the obvious massive fat intake). You don't want to get too far off on the balance of omega's.... and peanuts themselves have a small amount of toxin (can't remember the name.. sorry) which, like the other thousand toxins we encounter everday, is taken care of by our body, but it's still not a good idea at such high amounts.