PDA

View Full Version : grape juice...glucose/fructose??

gettinjackT
08-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Is grape juice all glucose/dex or is there fructose in it as well??........

Saint Patrick
08-04-2002, 10:05 PM
someone pls correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know ALL fruit has fructose in it.......

gettinjackT
08-05-2002, 08:47 AM
yeh, I believe you are right, but what I'd like to know is it 50/50 glucose/fructose or just a small amount of fructose?? Cause I always thought that grape juice was mainly glucose........so if anybody has any idea:thumbup: I'd appreciate it........

Thanx

nejar462
08-05-2002, 11:07 AM
im not an expert but i'd imagine it would depend on the type of grape juice, like the more natural kind would have more fructose, but the more artificial would have more glucose.

gettinjackT
08-05-2002, 12:06 PM
well, I believe all grape juice is natural. It's just grape juice concentrate and water. And isn't it the other way around......fructose/sucrose=unnatural, glucose/dextrose=natural???

P.S. American cars don't make funny noises, imports do........:D

LAM
08-05-2002, 12:42 PM
actually the chemical structure of fructose and glucose is the same with some slight changes in the placement of some molecules. fructose is naturally ocurring but there is also a naturally occuring form of sucrose. the processed "sucrose" so widely used in foods today is the killer and wrecker of metabolisms.

dextrose(corn starch) has the same chemical structure as glucose(blood sugar)...

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-06-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by LAM
actually the chemical structure of fructose and glucose is the same with some slight changes in the placement of some molecules. fructose is naturally ocurring but there is also a naturally occuring form of sucrose. the processed "sucrose" so widely used in foods today is the killer and wrecker of metabolisms.

dextrose(corn starch) has the same chemical structure as glucose(blood sugar)...

Yeah, natural sucrose example = honey.

Grape juice is more glucosey than frctosey, but i'm not exactly sure in what ratios.

You could do a search cause i'm sure this has been answered before many-a-time.

Or if Doc sees this, he'll prolly know.

Hungry4knowledg
08-08-2002, 12:56 AM
I'm definitely not an expert, but I thought that grapes contained dextrose --- aka grape sugar or corn sugar --- and not fructose. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Most concentrates have high fructose corn syrup added though.

MWB
08-08-2002, 03:38 AM
grapes have a combo of glucose(dextrose) and fructose.