PDA

View Full Version : The incredible edible egg, ????

EVO
08-04-2002, 08:34 PM
I just have question about boiled eggs(hard boiled)

I know some of you dont like to eat the yolks and i was thinking that this could be a great way to seperate them. Boil them and the jsut eat the white part. Another thing is that when i hard boil an egg it just tastes better to me.

So my question is, does it take anything out of the egg when you boil it like that. Also if boiling them is ok, would it be alright to just boil a whole bunch of them and keep them in the fridge.

I was also thinking that this would be good to eat right after workouts. Tell me what you think of eating the egg whites of the eggs, a can of tuna, and a protein shake. Tons of protein and very very little fat. Also i was think that i could wash all that down with some kind of apple juice maybe(becasue of the sugar in it)

Tell me what you guys think :)

:strong:

SkinnyPupp
08-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Whey is supposed to be a superior after-workout protein because it is absorbed faster.

Also, you have to eat half a dozen eggs to get the protein that is in one shake.

Imagine what your farts will be like after that...

GIS
08-04-2002, 08:46 PM
Hehe, I was actually planning on hard boiling some eggs tonight and creating some sandwich salad. I'll use a little mayo, tuna (or canned chicken), hardboiled eggs that I diced up, celery, pickle, and some spices such as cayanne pepper, pepper, and salt. Put that all together and it makes some good eatin' sandwiches that are high in protein. Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge so you can quickly make the sandwiches for the next couple of days.

Sounds good to me with the hard boiled eggs!

EVO
08-04-2002, 09:00 PM
coolness

btw skinnypup I meant that after a workout i take a protein(whey) shake, 1 can tuna, and har boiled eggs. I think this should be a great combo for protein. All this followed by applje juice, because of the sugar in it. I have heard that this will really help it soak into the muscle.

Behemoth
08-04-2002, 09:19 PM
It's not a good idea to mix proteins post workout. Whey is fast absorbed, eggs and tuna aren't. When you mix them you get somewhere in between depending on how much of each. It would best to just stick with the whey. Apple juice isn't a superb post workout carb either, but if your going to drink it, get something natural without all the additives and preservities and such. Dextrose would be your best bet as it is the fastest absorbed. But if you don't feel like buying the supplement you can always go natedogs way (which I to have taken up) and buy the candy "smarties" and scarf them down.

EVO
08-04-2002, 09:28 PM
well what about products like promp3 which are a combo of different types of proteins. Soy, egg, and whey. That is what mark mcguire used, i was going to buy it but it is too much money for me.

GIS
08-04-2002, 09:41 PM
There shouldn't be a problem with mixing proteins. The whey will simply absorbe faster than the others, but it should be too delayed.

If you eat two sandwiches on whole bread that contain a total of 1 can of tuna plus the egg, you're looking at around 45gof protein which should be good for one meal anyway. Add in a 30g whey shake and you'll be getting pleanty, if not too much beacause the body can only digest so much protein at once. BTW, I'm not trying to downplay what you said Tryingtobebig... just tossing out some ideas.

Manveet
08-04-2002, 09:53 PM
Damn, GIS, that sandwhich recepie sounds ace. If you can come up with the measurements of the recipe, we should put that sucker on the wbb crier as the recipe of the month type thing.

EVO
08-04-2002, 09:56 PM
ick i cant take all those extra ingredients in my tuna.

I like jsut plain tuna, low fat mayo, and sometimes eggs in it. Anything else and i cant eat it. :(

GIS
08-04-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
Damn, GIS, that sandwhich recepie sounds ace. If you can come up with the measurements of the recipe, we should put that sucker on the wbb crier as the recipe of the month type thing.

I'll tally up the nutrition stats and simple instructions.

What do I need to post it in the crier?

Behemoth
08-04-2002, 10:44 PM
There shouldn't be a problem with mixing proteins. The whey will simply absorbe faster than the others, but it should be too delayed.

Well it is a problem if you looking to maximize your gains. The whey will not just go it's own way and absorb faster. Look at it this way... Milk is 80% cassein (very slow protein) and 20% whey. When you drink milk you don't get a quick protein rush from the whey while the cassein sits there slowly being digested. If this were so, why would we spend all our money on expensive supplements? Couldn't we just drink a few glasses of milk to get an equivelent amount of whey?

EVO
08-05-2002, 08:47 AM
What if we have a full belly of protein right before we go to work out. I mean maybe 30 mins - 1 hour before lifting to eat the tuna and eggs. Then after the workout drink they whey.

Manveet
08-05-2002, 11:20 AM
What do I need to post it in the crier?

I dunno, well, you couldn't put it on the upcoming crier cause I think it's already set, but maybe the next one. I assume you can post your recipe suggestion in the crier section.

Behemoth
08-05-2002, 12:00 PM
What if we have a full belly of protein right before we go to work out. I mean maybe 30 mins - 1 hour before lifting to eat the tuna and eggs. Then after the workout drink they whey.

Certainitly a better idea than eating them all post workout. Although tuna and eggs are digested slow enough that they still might be digested when you have your post workout whey. I doubt by then it would be a big enough problem to worry about. Just don't make yourself sick before your workout by eating too much:)