PDA

View Full Version : Lets Get Serious

HighlyFanatic
08-04-2002, 08:40 PM
I finally decided to get "serious" about lifting weights. I'm surrounded by people that love to do it, and I share in that. Anyways, I'm 19 and I plan on pushing my body to its natural limits & seeing where that takes me. And yes I'm a freak cuz I love to stare at myself and pose in the mirror :cool:

Intro

I started lifting for definition when I was 17, but I realized that as I got more defined and cut it made me appear very skinny. So I didnt take weightlifting seriously. However, because i have a voracious appetite for reading about fitness/exercise I've rekindled my interest in starting out again. I started off using the WBB1 routine almost a year ago for 6 weeks, and I was impressed by the gains. Because I was happy with myself at that stage, I stopped lifting. Now it time to test my limits; no quitting tuttut

Goals

I'm initally training for mass (thicker everywhere), and later on strength & definition. I decided I need to really work on my lower body, because I dont want it to lag and ruin symmetry.

So basically: back, chest, shoulders, legs are my primary concern.

Training Split

Using WBB1

Meal Plan

3800 calories (40C:30P:30F)

*Whey Bananna Shake (3 scoops Whey)
*2 PowerBar ProteinPlus Peanut Butter
*Footlong Subway ColdCut Trio
*2 Cans of Tuna
*200g Bison/200g Mashed Potatoes
*3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (mmm....)

I'm Highly Fanatic about this :cool:

Kayak_boy
08-05-2002, 12:52 AM
Hey,

Best of luck with it.

At your weight you wanna eat heaps, so watch that I'd say.

Personally I'm not too fond of the WBB programmes (sorry Maki!!) but a lot of guys on here love 'em and say they've worked really well for them, so train hard, eat loads and sleep... you'll make it.

HighlyFanatic
08-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Some updates to the diet after its critique

3800 calories (40C:30P:30F)
*Whey Bananna Shake (3 scoops Whey)
*Pre-Workout Shake
*750mL Milk/1 scoop Whey (post workout)
*Footlong Subway ColdCut Trio
*2 Cans of Tuna
*200g Bison/200g Mashed Potatoes
*3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (mmm....)

Planning to hit the Gym on Friday...(Day 1 of WBB1)

HighlyFanatic
08-09-2002, 02:01 AM
Did Legs portion of WBB....

Notes to self: either eat solid food before workout, or drink pre-workout shake half an hour before working out (pre-workout shake didnt sit well after workout).

Man i am friggin sore right now, tommorrow (oh wait, im writing this at 2 in the morning) is gonna be a bitch

Highlights

Leg Presses--90x8 (3 sets)
Squats--95x8 (3 sets)
Leg Curls--3 sets (on the 6th pin)

Budiak
08-09-2002, 02:33 AM
6th pin...120lbs? I curl that, too. Its a bitch moving up once you get to the 100s because sometimes there arent increment rings on the machine.

Anyways, keep eating.

HighlyFanatic
08-09-2002, 03:49 AM
i havent gone to sleep yet still (im gonna regret this) i have to goto work in 4 hours anyways (8 AM) so i figure, forget it....cant sleep, not worth it.

yea 6th pin (6 plates down)...im not sure if thats 120 lbs tho? but if it is, daaayum :D

HighlyFanatic
08-15-2002, 04:56 PM
i've tweaked my program and my eating schedule on an Excel program....the basics

www.geocities.com/lucky_gambino99/workout.html

HighlyFanatic
08-20-2002, 11:54 PM
i've modified the program to HST principles now....i've been figuring out my maxes on everything. Once university starts, i get access to the gym :)

Bicep BB Curl--66 lbs max (1 rep)
Bench Max--92 lbs max (1 rep)
Squats--
Leg Curl--
Pull/Chinups--
DB Rows--
Dips--
Side Raises--
DB Press--
Tricep Pushdown--

HighlyFanatic
09-22-2002, 01:45 PM
www.geocities.com/lucky_gambino99/poses.html here are the gain comparisons (i posted those pics and my cold measurements on the 1st of Sept, the new measurements were taken on the 21st)

okay 3 weeks into my HST program. I love it so far, i think after my first cycle im gonna try a REVERSE PYRAMID routine, then go into another HST cycle.

basically i stepped up my eating from 2200 in the first week to 3000 calories. I revised my meal plan too, and DAMNIT, ive been eating the same stuff for 2 weeks, but it doesnt bother me cuz i'm seeing progress. i can actually feel my pecs now.

what im most happy about is my weight increase.... :)