PDA

View Full Version : Teriyaki Chicken

Saint Patrick
08-04-2002, 09:24 PM
I'm currently bulking, and I've been getting Teriyaki Chicken w/ white rice for lunch like 2-3 times a week lately. I'm sure it's not all breast, I think they just use cut up skinless whole chickens. How does this fit into my diet? Good? Bad?

GIS
08-04-2002, 09:34 PM
The reason I stopped eating so much teryaki is because of the sugar in the sauce and white rice isn't as good as brown. If you're bulking that isn't as important, but I'd rather stay away from sugar and eat the best carbs I can.

Saint Patrick
08-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by GIS
The reason I stopped eating so much teryaki is because of the sugar in the sauce and white rice isn't as good as brown. If you're bulking that isn't as important, but I'd rather stay away from sugar and eat the best carbs I can.

I thought high GI carbs like white rice and potatoes were good for bulking? Would I gain more fat using high GI vs. low GI on a bulk?

GIS
08-04-2002, 09:57 PM
I've heard that brown rice is nutritionally better than white which is why I said that. I'm not saying it's bad for you at all and for bulking I'm sure it's fine.... just doesn't have the nutrients that brown does. I am however trying to stay away from simple sugars and teryaki sauce is full of it and that's the main reason I'm trying to stay away from the stuff because I used to eat it SOOOO much.

Shao-LiN
08-04-2002, 10:27 PM
Teriyaki sauce is like all sugar. For bulking, it doesn't matter as much, but you want to try and eat clean. It wouldn't hurt to have once a week, which is usually how much I have it a week on Sundays. But for 6 days out of the week, I'd just try to eat as clean as possible.