PDA

View Full Version : Shredded after binge weekend! WTF?!?

Smoothie
08-07-2002, 06:19 PM
I just came back from a weekend vacation of partying.
After the first nite of heavy drinking I noticed the next morning that I was more cut than usual. I didn't eat as much as I usually do during that day as well I didn't have much protein before bed, about half a Designer bar, and of course, not a lot of water.

Is this cut look I'm getting from the lack of water in my body, from all the drinking, I had over a dozen gin and tonics.... ouch... I know...

I kept this more cut look until I got back, where I got to my regular tons of water, clean food and on alchohol diet.

Is this from the booze? If so, I know this may sounds silly, but should I drink heavily the nite before a day where I want to look more cut, say going to the beach etc??

Alex.V
08-07-2002, 06:20 PM
Alcohol is a diuretic. This is probably all you're noticing. There are other ways to lose excess water that don't cause liver strain, impairment, and nauseating hangovers.

Goin_Big
08-07-2002, 06:29 PM
lmao, yea, he's got a point.

Smoothie
08-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Ok, so what are the other ways to lose the water, I am assuming people use this for contests etc, but it would be good for special events etc.
Thanks!

LAM
08-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Also if you have been on a carb restrictive diet the high intake of carbs from the booze can put the metabolism into hyper drive...

Lettuce Face
08-07-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Smoothie
After the first nite of heavy drinking I noticed the next morning that I was more cut than usual.

You were probably still drunk.

AdamGberg
08-07-2002, 06:52 PM
lol @lettuceFace

Natural Animal
08-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Yeah ive got a mate who consumes a bottle of southo almost every weekend and it always cuts him hard.....you basically just urinate all the water in your cells away and you look cut but you really just have a hangover and a craving for maccas.

Smoothie
08-08-2002, 06:15 AM
So how can I get rid of the water without the heavy drinking.....

Stray
08-08-2002, 07:34 AM
Don't drink as much water.

nightop
08-08-2002, 12:36 PM
actually... i've heard quite the opposite... the more water you drink the less you retain... because when you lower your water intake after a day or two the body begins to retain at a higher rate than normal due to the new lowered intake... so when you drink alot of water (you should get at least one gallon per day minimum) you will retain less of it (yes i piss all the time).

This is similiar to how your metabolism will start storing more fat when you drastically cut calories because it thinks you are in a survival/starving situation.