PDA

View Full Version : best way to lose muscle and fat?

Tank23
08-07-2002, 11:09 PM
A friend of mine at school wants to get into the air force....but the max weight an applicant can be is 94kg! He weighs 120kg. He's not really fat...he's like 6' 2" or so...and he has a big build.

He needs a way to lose this 26kg....within about 4 months. He doesn't care if he loses muscle...he just needs to get down to the weight limit. He plans on putting the muscle back on after he gets into the air force.

Any suggestions as to the best way to lose alot of muscle and fat in this time frame?

Shao-LiN
08-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Eat less, lots of cardio.

Natural Animal
08-07-2002, 11:22 PM
Tell him to run his arse off, and that it's probaby not possible and someone who lets themselves get to that weight has no business in the airforce in the first place.

MaFi0s0
08-08-2002, 12:43 AM
and dont eat anything after cardio, the body will canabolise itself, eat like 2 hours after cardio.

Tank23
08-08-2002, 12:52 AM
Natural Animal: did you not see that I wrote he has a big frame. He's Samoan, so he's just naturally big...it's not like he 'let himself get to that weight.' He's not really fat...just looks solidly build.

I'll tell him to run alot then, and not eat anything after for a while. I told him he should cut carbs...but I told him to see a doc first coz I don't want to be responsible if he initially has any kidney problems and he goes on a keto style diet that could f*ck him up. What do y'all reckon?

iLUDEd
08-08-2002, 04:30 AM
thats a **** rule the airforce have if they only let people in that are a certain weight, what if somebody who's been workin out for years wants to join, they'd either have to give up their dream or get rid of their bulk which they've worked on for years ..
:bash: :shoot: :swear: :bang:
try maybe a keto type diet with lotsa cardio..

Tank23
08-08-2002, 06:02 AM
yeh i was thinking about prescribing a low carb diet for him. and get him to do lotsa cardio, without eating for a while afterwards.

nejar462
08-08-2002, 10:21 AM
does 26kg=52 lbs? IF it does I dont think its possible, but i dont understand why'd he'd HAVE to weigh 94 kg.

Tiare
08-08-2002, 10:26 AM
He may not be able to get down to that weight being a large frame individual at 6'2" tall. He will definitely lose muscle, and lots of it. that's about 25% of his total body weight so maybe it's possible but maybe he should consider a different branch of the military. Sorry.

K-Daddy
08-08-2002, 10:50 AM
I'm with the others that say low-carb. If he really wants to lose weight at all costs, have him do a strict low-carb with no carb-ups. Get him on an ECA or NYC or something as well...and lots of cardio. Hell, on non-cardio days, get him to work out with as much intensity as he can. That in itself will be very whatever-burning (fat and muscle). It's very unhealthy and bad to do so, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

-Justin

Natural Animal
08-08-2002, 09:04 PM
SS GOHAN: Actually it's not a fucked rule....it's in place because you have to have a certain weight to height ratio to not get torn apart when you eject at high altitude and high speed, that's a fact.

Who wants fat coconuts flying planes anyway?

GIS
08-08-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Natural Animal
Tell him to run his arse off, and that it's probaby not possible and someone who lets themselves get to that weight has no business in the airforce in the first place.

Hehe, hopefully his friend wont take offense to that because Somoans are BIG people and you wouldn't want one of them coming after ya. :) Hell, half of the U. of Washington football team is Somoan.

GIS
08-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by GIS

Hehe, hopefully his friend wont take offense to that because Somoans are BIG people and you wouldn't want one of them coming after ya. :) Hell, half of the U. of Washington football team is Somoan.

Edit: Stupid computer, ignore this post.

MarshallPenn
08-08-2002, 11:37 PM
what's with all the low carb advice -- it's low calories that make you lose weight.

Tank23
08-09-2002, 01:33 AM
i'm gonna tell him to do low carbs....and lots of cardio basically. and make sure he eats little little meals. He doesn't workout K-Daddy, but I'll tell him to do pushups and chinups/pullups, and squats with his own bodyweight without eating for a while afterwards. Would this help him lose mass?

Natural Animal
08-11-2002, 03:32 AM

ryuage
08-11-2002, 03:41 PM
you guys fail to see it doesnt matter how much you weight but your bodyfat... i dunno if ur talking about the austrailian air force but in our air force its just bodyfat... they don't do it the correct way but its easy to pass... they tape you and get your neck and waist measurements and do something with your height and weight =\

TurboStu
08-11-2002, 07:33 PM
I can't believe that they wan't him to be under a certain weight, especially if a lot of it is muscle. I dont' know what air force you are talking about, but here in America, it's anyone that wants to, and by the end of Basic Training, you are to a good healthy weight, and most of the time when you quit the armed forces, you are ripped anyhow!

Tank23
08-12-2002, 07:04 AM
I'm talking about the Australian Air Force. It's not that he can't get into the air force...but if he's over 94kg or so, he'll have to go to the academy first and they'll get him into shape there and send him off to the Air Force afterwards, but he doesn't want to have to do that.
It's weight...not bf%...he told me himself.

PrinterPaper
08-14-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
what's with all the low carb advice -- it's low calories that make you lose weight.

This man is correct in my opinion. If he doesn't care about losing muscle, then why just cut carbs, cut it all.

stantheman
08-14-2002, 07:23 AM
Australia has an Air Force?

Tank23
08-14-2002, 07:30 AM
errrrr.....yeh

Puttn
08-14-2002, 08:42 AM
MarshallPenn the low carbs.. that away your body doesnt have to burn these, its can go straight for the fat and protein... tahts why you lower carbs and up protein so you burn fat and excess protein while still maintaining muscle... on my rest days i hardly do anything so i lower my carbs on these days otherwise it the carbs arent being used and turn into fat

munkyhead97
08-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Eat about 15 carbs a day and run everyday wrapped in a trash bag that will definitly drop the weight but he may not live.

munkyhead97
08-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Eat about 15 carbs a day and run everyday wrapped in a trash bag that will definitly drop the weight but he may not live. The airforce is not for big people so go into the army's aviation program its hell of a lot better