PDA

View Full Version : Delve's first journal

DelveyBoy
08-08-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi, first of all, im going to try and update this journal daily,posting what ive ate,how i slept and how i trained.
My main goal is to join the royal marines in about 3 years,so ive got alot of time to train.i will post my routine later this week.If you have any advice,info or suggestions please tell me
thanks
delve

DelveyBoy
08-08-2002, 04:05 PM
well,today i got up at 9am,so had about 9 hours sleep.i ate a bowl of frosties with half pint of milk, then had scrambled egg with a slice of toast,no butter.At last i had chips and chicken madras and rice.been snacking all day to.hopefully have some supper soon

DelveyBoy
08-10-2002, 06:45 AM
i need to work on strength,so for the next 4 weeks nothin but press ups and chins

iLUDEd
08-11-2002, 06:33 AM
u bulking, cutting?

post up ya routine dude, doing nothing but press ups and chins for 4 weeks aint gona give u all over body strength.. pick a routine and stick with it, i know when i 1st started out, all i though i had to do was bench press and a few bicep curls and do that every 2nd day n id be huge in no time.. how i was wrong hehe.. try the WBB workout, its a great workout for newbies like myself..

ps. good luck dude!

DelveyBoy
08-11-2002, 07:53 AM
i aint a newbie.been workin out alomost a year.if you read my first thread on this journal you will see why i need to do chins and press ups

NateDogg
08-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
i aint a newbie.been workin out alomost a year.if you read my first thread on this journal you will see why i need to do chins and press ups

I read the first post in this thread. Work out your whole body. Like you said, you have 3 years! Get a good routine and stick with it, you will make much (read: MUCH )better gains all around that way. You can not tell us that you do not have to do any running or anything else with your legs in order to join the royal marines? This is not a flame, just some advice.

DelveyBoy
08-11-2002, 08:07 AM
the first thing i started working out was my legs.they are big.im trying to figure out a good routine with just free weights,so no dips or cable stuff.i need about 3 excercises for each bodypart,got any suggestions?

NateDogg
08-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Do you have both dumbells and a barbell?

DelveyBoy
08-11-2002, 11:10 AM
I have DB & BB.Also have a bench with fly attachments and leg curl/extensions,if that helps

Goin_Big
08-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Got Squat?

DelveyBoy
08-11-2002, 11:16 AM
nope,everything i have is listed above.may buy second hand cable machine though.depends if i get enough money.Also,anyone tried the 5x5 routine,as this looks like a good way of gaining size and strenght.

DelveyBoy
08-11-2002, 12:56 PM
i wont be online tomoz cos im goin to a theme park all day

iLUDEd
08-12-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by SS-GOHAN
u bulking, cutting?
try the WBB workout, its a great workout for newbies like myself..

newbies like myself.. i wasnt directly refering to u dude.. tuttut

DelveyBoy
08-13-2002, 11:11 AM
still trying to work out a good routine.need help.if you have any suggestions then look at my equipment above and just reply here

DelveyBoy
09-15-2002, 10:50 AM
somebody delete this thread.