PDA

View Full Version : i need help ending my ckd

jdelaware
08-08-2002, 01:08 PM
im not really sure how to end it. im really scared of the big weight gain that comes when ending a keto. my plan is to stay with my current caloric intake of 1500 for a month before upping my cals. but instead of the 75 to 25 ratio of fat and pro i would be taking in around 180 to 170g of pro, 25g carbs, 100 to 80g of fat. what do you guys think?

raniali
08-08-2002, 01:29 PM
from what I have heard ... it is EXTREMELY important to slowly reintroduce carbs on a daily basis. Try adding 20-50 g carb a day (after training perhaps) for the first week and continue slwoly adding till you reach your desired levels. I don't think 25 g carbs on a permanent non-keto diet is enough, though. Some people can take in 25 g and still be in ketosis.

I do a strict CKD now and will be battling this myself. good luck

MarshallPenn
08-08-2002, 01:33 PM
What's the issue with reintroducing carbs? I would just keep the calories low and change the macro ratios. Then slowly up the cals. In fact high carb low fat should allow you to overeat at first, just like you were doing a refeed. Where am I going wrong on this one?

raniali
08-08-2002, 03:23 PM
try doing that everyday
ur body wont like that one bit
it is why those that have religiously followed an Atkins Diet gain more weight than they took off once they go back to a carb-lifestyle

MarshallPenn
08-08-2002, 03:31 PM
if you don't eat an excess amount of calories, you can't gain weight. it's impossible, with the exception of water.

raniali
08-08-2002, 04:32 PM
it is not impossible...and in fact it happens under the 'right' circumstances

for instance...and, yes, this is extreme...but a starving, malnourished person WILL gain weight from rapid ingestion of calories. this happens for a number of reasons: mainly, though, the normal metabolic functions have turned off and will not immediately turn back on. This is the same thing with CKD or other keto-diets: metabolism of carbs has been suppressed and ingesting too many carb calories OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD is an overload on your system.

I think this is going to get argued...but I am done.

MarshallPenn
08-08-2002, 04:35 PM
you didn't counter what I said. If the BMR has been slowed due to dieting, then it takes less calories to be in a caloric surplus. You can't defy the laws of matter and gain weight without ingesting more than you expend, it just doesn't work that way.

Goin_Big
08-08-2002, 04:37 PM
I suppose it would depend on just how low your carbs were on the diet. But personally I plan on slowly reintroducing carbs after my cutting diet. I'll prolly just end up pigging out though :)

MRJ
08-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
if you don't eat an excess amount of calories, you can't gain weight. it's impossible, with the exception of water.

Not sure if I entirely agree with this statement or not as my experience has been a bit different.

In summary:

I started at 3,900 cals. daily w/30p-15f-55c ratios at a b/w of 215

I finished my cut at 2,200 cals. daily w/40p-55f-15c ratios at a b/w of 188. The final 2 weeks of this diet were strict keto w/50g or less of carbs. daily. (all complex)

To date 5 weeks after beginning a bulking phase I am upto an intake of 3,500 cals. daily w/25p-25f-50c ratios at a b/w of a mere 192.

The big difference between this and the first bulking phase being a SLOW reintroduction of carbs. and severely limiting the intake of simple carbs. with the exception of post workout.

All other components remained consistent. (cardio, workout, etc.)

Something to think about.