PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Remember me? Well, it's been a long, hot summer, but training was optimum... Changed my workout, changed my diet, changed my whole way of thinking...

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 06:43 PM
More...

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Still more...

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Another...

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 06:45 PM
And finally...

It's GREAT to be back, please feel free to comment. I would appreciate your opinion. Can't wait to continue my education!

RussianRocket
08-08-2002, 06:48 PM
You look good man. But you need to show us your back. You look better now than before. :thumbup:

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Back... ok... I think I have one...

Thx, RussianRocket-

Been working hard.

Behemoth
08-08-2002, 06:59 PM
You looks good, props for w8:thumbup:

Holto
08-08-2002, 07:24 PM
nice wheels

that looks like a lot of mass

I'm sure it would be more impressive in person too

Orange357
08-08-2002, 07:39 PM
look good...btw what do you neighbors think of you taking pics of yourself on the front driveway in your underwear?

NateDogg
08-08-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Orange357
look good...btw what do you neighbors think of you taking pics of yourself on the front driveway in your underwear?

lol, lookin' big w8 :thumbup:

W8_4_Me
08-08-2002, 08:05 PM
LOL!

Those are $6 workout shorts from Sports Authority.

Luckily for me, I work from home and lift at home, so very few of my neighbors are home during the day. At the end of the month, I set the self timer on the digi and let 'em rip!

I DID freak out some women from Jehovah's Witness one morning, though! ;)

EVO
08-08-2002, 09:38 PM
good to hear, the less they come knockin the better if you ask me

someoneunlikeyo
08-08-2002, 10:33 PM
hey,

your definetly looking alittle slimmer than before the summer, i dug up some old pics of yours, i hope you dont mind:)

Budiak
08-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Hey, it doesnt matter what they think about him taking pics of himself in his front yard. A guy that big can take pictures of himself wherever the **** he wants!

You're a big boy, w8. Good work.

Own any guns? I..uhh...have an opening.

HK
08-09-2002, 12:49 AM
Seems you have lost quite a bit of bodyfat.

JohnCollins
08-09-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by EVO
good to hear, the less they come knockin the better if you ask me

Of course, you also might attract some, uh, non-Jehovah's Witness wymens, too, with that technique!. :p

Looks awesome, W8. I'm curious about your diet, too. I lost a bunch easily at the beginning of the year, but the last little bit won't come off very easily. I can't do too high a protein ratio or I feel loopy at work. I'm doing "The Zone" basically, now.

JPC

IceRgrrl
08-09-2002, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by W8_4_Me
LOL!

I DID freak out some women from Jehovah's Witness one morning, though! ;)

LMAO! Good job...that's what they get for bothering people at home ;)

Looks like your summer is going well...welcome back! What prompted the change in diet/routine/etc?

W8_4_Me
08-09-2002, 05:44 AM
Well, basically, it was people at this board and another board who caused me to re-think just what I was doing.

Back in 1999, when I started working AND working out at home, I bought a couple of items to basically just try to "tighten it all up," if you will. I bought a multi-station machine and a smith machine.

I decided to lift with the multi-station on one day, then use the smith the next day. It was more about the motion & exercise than the gains, but all of a sudden the gains were going pretty well.

I wasn't doing anything to separate muscle groups on the whole. 2 months ago, all that changed. I finally started listening. As a result, I completely re-worked what I was doing... I employed the information contained in Schwarzenegger's revised Encyclopedia. I started training using the "Advanced Level I" program; a 6 week program that's not for the faint of heart.

Diet-wise, I am a grazer. I always have reduced fat, low-fat, no-fat stuff around, and I eat when I need to eat, not when the clock says it's time to eat. I drink a ton of water, some juice, a bit too much Diet Coke, even a beer here and there!

Cardio - swimming, biking, blading, chasing my 3 kids around.

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 205 lbs.

Thank you all for the kind words! It means a lot coming from wannabebig. Y'all know your stuff!

W8_4_Me
08-09-2002, 05:53 AM
Oh- and I like my supps.

Protein powder (x2 per day), creatine (10g per day), a multi-vitamin, and a generic thermogenic (like Xenadrine).

This week is my off week, mercifully... I needed the 7th week just to rest and heal. Next week, I think I'll start another 6 weeks before venturing to the next level.

MarshallPenn
08-09-2002, 06:13 AM
W8 - The legs are looking especially impressive, and I agree with what everyone else has said, you are looking leaner than before.

Are you looking to drop more bodyfat? I think you would look insane about 20lbs leaner, you have some great mass.

A couple of diet questions:

Why all the low-fat foods? How many grams of fat do you think you take in each day? Total calories?

W8_4_Me
08-09-2002, 06:50 AM
Marshall-

Ya know, diet has always been my weak point. Right now, I am more concerned with the quality of my lifting than the diet side, but diet concerns me too, of course. That's going to be the next step... refining my diet.

I would like to drop some more body fat and I will, but unfortunately, I don't really have the answer to your questions right now, but I'll try to keep better track.

Like I said, I eat when my body tells me I need to eat. On the weekends, I am not so strict, but I need to tighten that up as well.

I have a goal to compete in a local natural BB comp by the time I reach 40 (7 months to go), just to say I did it, and to thumb my nose at the big 4-0. With that in mind, it really is time to get more serious about diet.

MarshallPenn
08-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Hey - I think you should do it! The reason I asked about the fat content in your diet, is that you may actually end up cutting down on the calories you're taking in if you stopped eating low fat, fat makes you feel full, and in turn you might eat less, therefore making it easier to shed those last lbs. A certain amount of fat in your diet is actually good for you too -- healthy fats. I would shoot for 30% of your total calories at the least.

Keep up the good work, and nice to have you back.

chris mason
08-09-2002, 07:00 AM
You look good. Where have you been?

therhoads
08-09-2002, 08:45 AM
W8,

Looking good! I am in a similar situation as you... I am 37, I workout at home, would like to compete by the time I am 40, etc... I still have a long way to go just to get where you are now but I have a couple more years before the big 4-0.

By the way, isn't it nice living in Florida? We can workout in the garage year round! Although it does get a little hot in the summer. I tried installing an air conditioning vent in the garage but it sucked too much from the house. Oh well, fans do the trick pretty good.

Keep up the good work and let us know how things are progressing...:strong:

W8_4_Me
08-09-2002, 04:14 PM
therhoads-

Yeah, I am a Florida Native, so as far as I'm concerned, BRING ON DA HEAT! It's all about sweat anyway. We're neighbors! You should PM me and tell where ya are!

Chris-

Well, a few months back I kinda got my feelings hurt from posters on this board, but I took it to heart and used the "unkindness" to propel me to a new level. I'm over it now, I feel like I might have something to contribute again, and maybe people might be more receptive this time. We'll See. I may be old, but I don't think I'm stupid.

Someone-

Yeah, that pic you dredged up was from back in April... Man! That seems like a lifetime ago!

Marshall-

I have been reading about the "necessary fat" thing you mentioned... It seems like a more efficient way to go, but I am having a hard time letting go of the dogma we've all been forced to believe about low fat, ya know?

chris mason
08-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Lol, about a year ago I got pissed as well. You have to learn to not take everything so personally, as I did. I still get mad sometimes, but not as much as I used to.

MarshallPenn
08-09-2002, 09:34 PM
W8 - Have to comment one more time on your legs. Seriously impressive.

W8_4_Me
08-10-2002, 06:11 AM
Thanks!

Right now, I am doing legs 3 times per week (M-W-F) in the evenings... it's chest and back in the mornings on M-W-F.

It starts with squats...

315 x 18
405 x 15
475 x 12 (475 is all I've got)
315 x 21

Then I superset leg press, leg curl, leg extension

And lastly, go back and forth with standing and seated calf raises.

Now, before you all start gettin' all fiesty about this workout, it is coming straight from the book. I didn't make it up, it's prescribed by a bodybuilder I highly respect, a guy who made it to and beyond ever perceivable goal in the sport... so let's not get all fired up here... ;)

W8_4_Me
08-10-2002, 06:20 AM
Chris, I hear ya, but the comments in question were 100% personal in nature. It's my own fault, though... That's what happens when you open personal stuff up for others to critique...

Some people will get there, most won't ever get there, but no matter what, people are always so sure that their way is THE way.

There are so many ways to train and get a great result.

I know I am not "all that" but I am working hard to get there and I can see my way clearly.... not bad for an almost 40 year old with a multi station unit and a smith machine in his garage, ya know?

I took my kids to a water park in Tampa on Tuesday... Adventure Island was pretty crowded... With the 100's of people I saw, I ONLY saw 3 men that had ANY kind of physique at all. I may not ne ALL that but I am certainly SOME of that!

Guy told me a joke last night...

How many BB's does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and 9 to say, "Dude! You look HUGE!"

orangecrush
08-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Good job man! How old are ya?

W8_4_Me
08-10-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm right smack dab in the middle of 39.

W8_4_Me
08-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Thank you all very much for the kind words and the nice welcome back. I'll try not to be so big of a baby this time.

;)

Paul Stagg
08-12-2002, 02:15 PM
You hurt mey feelings when you didn't respond to the e-mail I sent you trying to make sure you were OK. (Is the e-mail you used to register here still your e-mail?)

*sniff*

And you all know I'm sensitive.

Good to see you back. Always nice to have the age mean get moved a bit more to your end.

W8_4_Me
08-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Paul? You mean that was a REAL email? I thought that was one of those globally generated thangs that you send periodically to anyone who isn't posting! I had NO IDEA that was a real email!

My bad!

Damn, I KNOW how sensitive you are, too. How much counselling did you need for THAT one? LOL!

the doc
08-12-2002, 02:21 PM
way to go man!