PDA

View Full Version : Time to show my fat ass, in case anyone cares.

Bullrider Billy
08-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Well, not my ass literally. And not all of me, just part. The pictures are kind of crappy and I have about 20-25 lbs of mukluk to lose.

These pics are a couple of months old. I've gotten a little beefier since. I'm 5'5" after hanging by the neck overnight with ankle weights. Arms are currently 16" cold flexed (pumped, 16.5", about 15.75" in the pics), chest is almost 46"... you get the idea...

[edited] Oh yeah, and I'm 210 lbs.

http://bullriderbilly.homestead.com/files/pix/Make_a_muscle.JPG

Tiare
08-09-2002, 12:05 PM
Go to it bro! What are you doing, bulking more or cutting?

nejar462
08-09-2002, 12:07 PM
LOL, couldn't you have gotten a timer or someone else to do the shot for you?

Relentless
08-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Good work, mate. You have almost as little neck as I do. :)

Bullrider Billy
08-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Bulking. I haven't been able to lose any fat because of thyroid and growth hormone deficiency. Ironically I was low in testosterone too, yet I managed to pack on a good deal of muscle. I'm on testosterone and thyroid replacement, soon to start GH (all through my docs), so I'm hoping to become a monster. Maybe even sprout horns a la a Minotaur. :D

http://bullriderbilly.homestead.com/files/pix/bull2.gif

The camera does have a timer and a tripod... I just never learned how to use them, and no one was home at the time.

Callahan... :D

Tryska
08-09-2002, 12:30 PM
gh eh?

lucky you. ;)

Bullrider Billy
08-09-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but I've had to jump through hoops to find the right doctors (an endo and a uro) to finally get my hormonal nightmares under control. It was never only my thyroid. I have 'ideopathic hypopituitarism'... for an unknown reason, parts of my pituitary don't function. Lovely, isn't it?

Tryska
08-09-2002, 12:43 PM
strange.....i can see how that would kind of throw off the tsh feedback loop tho.

at least your working with someone who can help ya figure out what's going on.

let me ask you..do you have difficulty putting on muscle? judging from the pics, ya look pretty beefy. (in a muscly way)

Relentless
08-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey Billy . . . I know a guy named Jim Brooks in Monmouth County . . . you don't happen to know 'im, do ya? Just curious.

Bullrider Billy
08-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Tryska... the irony is that I've put on a good deal of muscle in the past 6-7 years. But I think the testosterone and GH deficiencies only recently started. Like within the past 2-3 years.

Callahan... Nope, don't know anyone by that name.

Dave_TV
08-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Bullrider Billy
so I'm hoping to become a monster. Maybe even sprout horns a la a Minotaur. :D

Now that I would like to see!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if you did sprout horns! good luck and keep up the good work!

Dave

Tryska
08-09-2002, 07:55 PM
billy...yeah i've noticed i put muscle on quite easily myself, which i thought funny because of the whole muscle weakness thing (not that i'm anywhere near strong, but i can put on muscle. *lol*)

anyways....i'm sure once you've got the t and gh going you will feel like superman.

GIS
08-09-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey Billy...

Major props to ya! Thyroid probems deffinatly make losing weight (or even maintaining) a more difficult task than the average Joe. Lookin good and I'll be curious to see your progress over the months.

Bullrider Billy
08-10-2002, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys and guyette. :)

I also don't understand how we can add muscle when our metabolisms are slowed down. Adding fat is no problem. :rolleyes: Though I have to say that maintaining strength is a slippery slope. I very often find myself backsliding and plateauing for long periods of time.

I'll definitely be keeping a photo diary of my (hoped for) progress.

I won't start the GH for another 4 or 5 weeks because my endocrinologist is still on baby leave. But by Monday I should have my adjusted thyroid dosage. I'm cheating and adding some T4 from my previous prescription in the meantime (my med. is Armour, a natural T4/T3 combo). So I'm just adding some T4 to start lowering my TSH. Three days of this won't hurt.

Tryska
08-11-2002, 04:11 PM
you know...now that you mention it.....i definitely have difficulty breaking plateaus.....hmm.

anyways, i've got an endo appt at the end of this month. can't wait either, because i think my recent foray into dhea supplementation has resulted in me needing a t-4 increase, if that makes any sense. either way, i'm not feeling 100% at the moment.

LAM
08-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Bullrider Billy...if you get your diet squared away you should be able to make some great gains once you start on the gH and test...good luck !

08-11-2002, 05:10 PM
damn the sex life must be lagging.

Budiak
08-12-2002, 02:19 AM
Billy, tell me what model that camera is and I'll help you figure out the timer and how to set the flash right.

Drop me a PM if you want to know more than you could ever imagine.