PDA

View Full Version : Advice with cutting/bulking timing

tuttle
08-10-2002, 10:50 AM
HI guys, I could do with some advice to do with the ways others cut then gain. Right, does it go some thing like this: start at a low body fat %, then start increasing Kcals slowly until you gain weight, when you stop add more Kcals etc?

If so any ideas on the starting and finishing %s and how long is the avarage/good time to gain and cut (eg 65:45/ 8 months gain, 4 months cut?)

Thanks, Tuttle

nightop
08-10-2002, 11:33 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2 go there.. then goto the bottom article titled "dieting basics" read the article and the 2nd page for sure.

Stefanogym
08-10-2002, 11:38 AM
you could try the Akerfeldt's Anabolic Bursting Ciclyng and Definition program (ABCDE)
It consists in the alternance of 2 periods, in the first one you should increase your caloric intake, working out with great intensity on muscles, then in the second period you reduce your intake drastically, and do cardio workouts, dedicating to weights only 2 times a week for mantainance so without intensity.
The first period is the Anabolic one and it consists in 2 weeks, you eat 3-3,5 grams of proteins for kg of lean mass , mantaining 50%carbs-30%proteins and 20% fats..during this period you have a great increase of anabolic hormones, and you should increase muscles and a little bit of fat....during the second period you should use a lower caloric intake, preferably in Zone (40/30/30) with 2 gr of proteins for kg: it will be a definition phase during which you'll lost bodyfat increased in the first bulk phase and something more...this situation will reduce anabolic hormones, and prepares you for the second ABCDE, with the new hypercaloric bulk phase, in wich it will be a rebound of your hormonal system, passing from low calories diet to high calories one, with the conseguence that you would be able to increase again muscles, strenght and stay really pumped thanks to a new great increase of Testosteron, Insuline, Gh, Igf1...
so cyclical nutrition is one of the best way to increase muscles and keep in control body fat without a long period of mass(increases too fat) and then a drastical long period in definition....however you should decide to use a more traditional way for your periodization and so having for example 6 months for bulk, but without increasing too fat, so keeping alway carbs under control, and a 2-3 months period for cutting, using a relatively(not so much) ipocaloric Zone diet or a metabolic diet

i m sorry if i haven't explained in a good english but i am italian and i am writing from italy, even if i should move to new jersey in september
however if you have any question i am here

ciao

Shao-LiN
08-10-2002, 08:30 PM
All depends on you...you can bulk or cut whenever you feel it's time to.