PDA

View Full Version : nightly cravings..

Spawn_X
08-10-2002, 02:29 PM
I've been working out for a couple months now but lately been feeling night-time cravings and woke up in the morning incredibally hungry..

I'm taking xenadrine (half the dosage).

I'm trying not to eat at night because I want to avoid gaining any fat (thus the reason I'm taking xenadrine) but my cravings drive me nuts. Speaking of nuts.. that's what I'm craving - 2 snickers bars seem to do it.

By the way I'm lifting heavy weights (for me) at the gym and am doing fewer reps (heavier weights)..

Anyone else have these cravings? Should I give in or control it ?

Thanks.

MWB
08-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Is it cravings or hunger? If you are hungry for real then eat some protein or something. If you are just craving sugar, that's part of dieting for most people.

Frozenmoses
08-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Agreed, if you're hungry at night, eat clean. Nothing wrong with that. If you're craving something unclean, then that's just a matter of willpower. How bad do you want to look good? That's what I would be asking myself.

LAM
08-10-2002, 03:56 PM
when is your last meal and what time do you go to bed ? and wake up ?

Shao-LiN
08-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Eating at night won't make you fat. Eating a lot and not doing anything would. Eating before you sleep is probably pretty important. Eat some protein before you go to bed so your muscles can keep healing/rebuilding.

RainerG9
08-10-2002, 07:02 PM
i also experience this quite often, but to avoid over eating i just drink a glass or two of some low calorie drink (i usually have sugar-free orange squash). this makes me feel full, so my craving goes away. by the time i feel like eating again im probably in bed..
you could give this a try..

Also even better.. do what Shao-LiN said. Eat some protein before you go to bed so your muscles can keep healing/rebuilding.

If u want to have something sweet..you can add some aspartame to your food, like cottage cheese, it gives it a nicer taste (thats the only way i can eat it anyway)

Or you can make yourself a nice big salad with tuna which has relatively few calories and is high in protein.

Most importantly..try to control these cravings. Just think about what your goals are everytime u feel like having something "unclean".
think about the satisfaction ull get when u have the willpower to say no to junk food and reach your goals.

a reason why you might have cravings often is due to a very strict diet. if u allow yourself one cheat meal/day a week, ull look forward to it and so it might help you to overcome these cravings, as u will know that u will deserve that cheat meal/day only if u stick to your clean diet all of the days before it. (thats how i thought about it anyway)

hope this helps

Shao-LiN
08-10-2002, 08:28 PM
1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese before bed is perfect. You won't get fat just because you eat before you go to sleep...unless you overdo it, but that's all on your restraint, hehe.

Spawn_X
08-10-2002, 09:57 PM
My craving could be classified as hunger, because my stomach growls a bit. I go to sleep at around 11-12-1am and wake up around 9-10am (currently unemployed...).

I'm not on any diet and eat about 3 times a day.. hunger never appeared at night, but lately I've been pushing myself harder at the gym so I guess that could cause it.

I'm going to try something light / with protein, see how that works out.. need to try cottage cheese, but I've heard it tastes like ****.

I have all the willpower in the world, but when my stomach is growling.. :)

Thanks.

Goin_Big
08-10-2002, 10:00 PM
UNEMPLOYMENT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

LAM
08-10-2002, 11:04 PM
you answered the question yourself. you only eat 3x a day and train hard. you have increased your activity level so you will need to increase your daily caloric intake and number of meals.