PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Been trying to bulk but its not working, what am i doing wrong ?....

MassMachine
08-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Well i have been trying to bulk up for about 4 months now. I eat every 2 hours, right now i am 6'1 and 190 lbs. My goal is to get about 220 then cut up. My eating for the past few months is like this. Morning - wake up and eat special K with yogurt and string cheese and a N-large II shake. 2 hours later - pasta w/ chicken. 2 hours later - tuna fish sandwich with another protein shake. then so on and so on until i take one last shake before bed time. Current suppliments im taking are AST micronized creatine, AST GL3 Glutamine, and Prolab N-Large II whey protein. For some reason like 70% of the weight i gain is in my stomach, and its starting to look weird, i cant gain mass into my legs or arms or anything like that, am i intaking to much calories?..i eat a lot of patatoes and pasta and chicken mostly throughout the day. As for my workout routine, im following Jeff Willets MAX-OT workout - http://www.ast-ss.com/jeffwillet/articles/workout_schedule/workout_schedule_1.asp ....anyways, let me know what you guys think im doing wrong, cause i dont get it.

GIS
08-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Workout seems decent and your diet seems okay. I'd count the calories because it looks like you are eating quite a bit more than you might need... depends on how much you eat in a serving etc though.

My only thought is your intensity. Are you working your ass off and constanty trying to add weight? It's easy to get stuck in a rut and for example keep benching 225 every week and not move up which results in the body not growing. Get a spotter and keep trying to up the weight every week or two, even if it means adding 2 1/2 plates at a time.

Shao-LiN
08-10-2002, 10:48 PM
It's all about progression, as GIS mentioned. If you're lifting the same weights every week, then that could explain why you're not gaining anything.