PDA

View Full Version : loss of strength while cutting.....

entrrt
08-11-2002, 02:33 AM
i've started a "cutting" diet to drop my BF% and have so far dropped ~4-5 lbs. what i am asking is how would i know if those lbs. i've lost is FAT or LEAN MUSCLE(or combined)? would i feel strength loss if i'm losing lean muscle? i don't feel any weaker on my lifts so i'm assuming those dropped lbs. is FAT. i can't see it being water wt. loss cuz i've actually increased my water intake since cutting. so, if i'm losing lean muscle will i "FEEL IT" at the gym? thanks!

duque21
08-11-2002, 06:53 AM
you have answered your own question, if you have not noticed any decrease in performance its safe to say that you have been doing it right and keeping the muscle........creatine and carbs is what you need to keep the muscle from breaking down..

Silverback
08-11-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by duque21
you have answered your own question, if you have not noticed any decrease in performance its safe to say that you have been doing it right and keeping the muscle........creatine and carbs is what you need to keep the muscle from breaking down..

creatine and carbs? this alone will not preserve muscle mass, shooting high with protein will help preserve muscle mass along with a very important calorie level

Stefanogym
08-11-2002, 11:42 AM
which sort of diet are you following for cutting?

Behemoth
08-11-2002, 01:00 PM
4-5 pounds less muscles and SOME of your lifts MIGHT decrease, I imagine your 4-5lbs is a mix of muscle and fat so it's too soon to see lifts decrease. It's very very hard to lose just fat and no muscle if not impossible, I'd say at least of little bit of strength decrease should be expected, unless your taking this very very slow.

entrrt
08-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Stefanogym
which sort of diet are you following for cutting?

nothing too fancy. i've cut my caloric intake ~500-700/daily, <30 total fat gms/daily, ~200 carbs/daily,and a little higher protien intake. i started 2 weeks ago. i've also increased my cardio workout.

Stefanogym
08-15-2002, 05:17 AM
could you try to post this diet and your measures?