08-11-2002, 04:39 PM
i dont understand....and im trying to make up my friggin mind :D

half of the forum swears by it, and the other half tuttut

08-11-2002, 05:00 PM
its protein, which is primarily casein = slow digesting

its carbs, which is primarily lactose = slow digesting

RainerG9
08-11-2002, 05:18 PM
after working out, you need to feed your muscles as fast as possible with protein in order to help them recover and grow.

milk is digested slowly, so your muscles wont get the required nutrients at the right time. take whey protein post-workout, as it gets digested very easily.

milk is great for any time of the day except post-workout so you can still have it at other times, which is beneficial, as you need a slow digesting protein source throughout the day to keep your nitrogen levels constantly high

body
08-12-2002, 01:28 PM
nothing worng with it.

read up a old thread on why you do not need to eat loads post trianing.

Its bascially about. you eat before trianing so you body is not a depleted of nutrients when you finish.

i drink like a pint of skimmed milk before going to the gym.

08-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by body
nothing worng with it.

read up a old thread on why you do not need to eat loads post trianing.

Its bascially about. you eat before trianing so you body is not a depleted of nutrients when you finish.

i drink like a pint of skimmed milk before going to the gym.

he didn't ask if milk was fine pre-workout.

he asked if it was fine for post-workout.
pre-workout is a whole different story.

body
08-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Avatar

he didn't ask if milk was fine pre-workout.

he asked if it was fine for post-workout.
pre-workout is a whole different story.

read the old thread about post work out nutrition.

we discussed having various things like milk pre-training low Gi. so you do not need a high GI product after training, this make products that are higher in fat okay. eg full fat milk.

you need high GI more. if you have not eaten for a while before trianing.
thats why i have milk pre-triaing as it take longer to digest. so my body does not need a quick influx of protien after triaining.

The Badass
08-12-2002, 05:32 PM
So then, skim milk would be a good thing to drink before bedtime...?

body
08-12-2002, 05:47 PM
milk is good any time

LAM
08-12-2002, 06:29 PM
I agree with body on the milk subject. Although I'm not a big fan of milk I think if used alone it can be beneficial.

When milk is used to wash down a meal it is no longer the perfect food and can be more of a hindrance than help...

08-12-2002, 07:58 PM

read the old thread about post work out nutrition.

we discussed having various things like milk pre-training low Gi. so you do not need a high GI product after training, this make products that are higher in fat okay. eg full fat milk.

you need high GI more. if you have not eaten for a while before trianing.
thats why i have milk pre-triaing as it take longer to digest. so my body does not need a quick influx of protien after triaining.

for you to say that is optimal is for me to say those are just theories.

body
08-13-2002, 11:44 AM
plus for got to metion that in a good trianing programme, your you not use that much glycogen etc anyway.

body
08-13-2002, 11:47 AM

for you to say that is optimal is for me to say those are just theories.

find me a HIgh GI study post trianing that is better than what I and some well respected memeber talked about a ages ago.

remember if you have spent 3 hours in the gym, over training. glycogen levels are going to drop far more. than a routine recommened by most memeber here.

But if i was selling cell-tech i would use a subject who has trianed for the last 3 hours. and fasted for a while before. this is when high GI will be far better.

08-13-2002, 12:02 PM

find me a HIgh GI study post trianing that is better than what I and some well respected memeber talked about a ages ago.

remember if you have spent 3 hours in the gym, over training. glycogen levels are going to drop far more. than a routine recommened by most memeber here.

But if i was selling cell-tech i would use a subject who has trianed for the last 3 hours. and fasted for a while before. this is when high GI will be far better.

Where are your studies proclaiming milk to be optimal?

body
08-14-2002, 01:23 PM

Where are your studies proclaiming milk to be optimal?

I never said soley milk was optimal. there are many foods that are suitable. It was one of the food discussed. There will be some foods that are better. but many foods that would be a worse choice.

I just said its a good food. I personally like milk as its has good amount of protein in, plus water and vits and mineral.

also its cheap and convient. as i do not mind drinking warm milk that has been in my car all day. these factors are not nutritional advtanges, but why i use milk and not other foods.

Silverback
08-14-2002, 01:47 PM
Milk is a great supplement to a diet, you should rely on animal proteins primarily but there is nothing wrong with milk either cutting/bulking. Unless your lactose intolerant but thats a different story.

HighlyFanatic
08-17-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by LAM
I agree with body on the milk subject. Although I'm not a big fan of milk I think if used alone it can be beneficial.

When milk is used to wash down a meal it is no longer the perfect food and can be more of a hindrance than help...

cool, but what kinda meals would be a hinderance to help "wash" it down

body
08-18-2002, 07:59 AM
some people may have toruble eating like grapefruit wiht milk.

due to they do not mix. I can drink a pint of milk and eat two oranges with no triuble but that me.

Puttn
08-18-2002, 03:05 PM
i say drink milk before a workout or at night