PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else feel this way???

big calvin
08-11-2002, 05:33 PM
they cant control carbs.

what i mean is like u can either do no carbs and be fine or high carbs and be fine but theres no middle?

its weird , its like carbs are my downfall. i can watch protein cause its eay to watch(eat it and good types) and fats is well its either i eat it or i dont...damn fats and carbs are just like the same. if i dont eat carbs then i eat pretty much as much as i want of fat and if i do eat carbs i eat a very good amount but my fat is like super low...

what does that tell me?? i have no control??? i just switch energy sources when my cravings hit? damn...i dont have control..cause normaly ill eat low carbs for 2-3 days then high carbs for a couple days before i start to feel guilty i go back to low carbs.....

RainerG9
08-11-2002, 05:43 PM
it depends what u mean by "high carbs" how many grams roughly do u intake?

what ur describing sometimes happens to me, when i miss a meal or eat something "unhealthy" (like if im at a friend's house) and i try to compensate for a high-carb meal with low-fat/carb foods later on.

i think if u have access to good foods and can get ur six meals or so a day, eating every 2-3 hours, u wont feel really hungry at any point of the day so ull be able to control these cravings.

Holto
08-11-2002, 05:43 PM
could be that the middle ground is too much insulin to maintain blood sugar levels

big calvin
08-11-2002, 06:22 PM
well its not like meals more like days. and like carbs its either like a diet like 50c/40p/10f or 0c/60p/40f something like this. i dont know the exact amount. i dont know if like i cant handle moderation, like say a moderate meal is like some brown rice, chicken breast and like avacadoes or something. i just cant do it. i start like thinking no i should eat carbs and fats togeather and blah blah blah. but like both diets have valid points. u know fiber and health wise vs hormonal respounce and fatty acid utilization(sp). i just dont know why i cant stick to either one for a longer peroid. and no way moderate. its just like i feel its all or nothin

WillyTheGreat
08-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Hell, I have trouble even cutting carbs out totally.

big calvin
08-11-2002, 07:56 PM
i know, but i just hate that i cant control this. and like a control freak and it bugs the hell out of me that i cant manipulate my "dosages" the way i want.

MarshallPenn
08-11-2002, 08:23 PM
well, if your eating high carbs / low fat, or high fat / low carbs, you should be fine.