PDA

View Full Version : Any other time to take Dextrose and Maltodextrin besides postworkout?

Lettuce Face
08-12-2002, 12:01 PM
I am using dextrose and maltodextrin post workout with protein powder. Are there any other times throughout the day that I should be taking it aswell??

galileo
08-12-2002, 01:12 PM
It's argued that in the morning, since you are in the same catabolic state as post-workout (except no muscle activity) that a shake in the morning similar to post-workout would be beneficial. Your amino pools would get filled up quicker and you could end nighttime catabolism faster.

I don't argue it though. I hate to argue.

08-12-2002, 01:21 PM
I'd say no.

TMan
08-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
I'd say no.

I'd say no as well.

body
08-12-2002, 05:33 PM
I say no to morning and post training.

PrinterPaper
08-14-2002, 12:09 AM
anyone else care to weigh in? I'm curious as well, mainly due to the fact many weight gainers contain maltodex and are taken throughout the day.

HighlyFanatic
08-14-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by galileo
It's argued that in the morning, since you are in the same catabolic state as post-workout (except no muscle activity) that a shake in the morning similar to post-workout would be beneficial. Your amino pools would get filled up quicker and you could end nighttime catabolism faster.

I don't argue it though. I hate to argue.

interesting

body
08-14-2002, 01:17 PM
lots of good weight gainers do not contain maltodextrin.

thats because there are lots of good old fashioned weight gainers called FOOD!!!!!!!!!.

have steak and wholemeal pasta with mayo. may be not a good conmbination. but help you gian weight.