PDA

View Full Version : BULK TIME--Suggestions please...

pr3
05-27-2001, 11:03 PM
Okay,

It's summer time. I finally graduated, which means I will be working full time--yuck!

But anyway, I can concentrate on my training and nutrition now. So I want some ideas for a nutrition plan.

This is a rough nutrition plan, but I do want to get at least 7 meals per day.

Meal 1 (7:30AM): Breakfast (could include oatmeal/shake)
Meal 2 (9:30AM): Snack (could include turkey sandwich)
Meal 3 (12:30PM): Lunch (have to figure out)
Meal 4 (2:30PM): Snack (could include turkey sandwich or a MRP)
Meal 5 (7:00PM): Pre-workout Meal (Shake and light dinner)
Meal 6 (10:30PM): Post-workout Meal (shake and some food!)
Meal 7: ??? (don't know if I should add another meal before because i don't think i can add another meal at 11pm! Perhaps I can add this for 4:30PM as another snack)

So there it is, but I need some suggestions. I have been stuck at 140 for the past three months, and I want to reach 150 by the end of the summer--Aug30.

Appreciate any advice.

:)

Joe Black
05-28-2001, 03:07 AM
hmmm a bit vague on the foods there pr3...

I would just shoot for 6 meals.. make the last meal at like 9 pm or something.. Then cause I go to bed at about 11/12 I normally take a few teaspoons of flax b4 bed.. not another meal just means my body starves for 2 hours less :)

What I did when I plan a diet is make a list of all the foods that are good.. i.e good carbs , good protein and good fats.. then I just put a portion of each in...

heres more or less mine when I was bulking...

Meal 1 :

Oatmeal
6 eggs (3 whole/3 white)

Meal 2 : Nlarge

Meal 3, 4 and 5

chicken/turkey
oats/rice
nuts
veggies

Meal 6 (post training)

2 x scoops of whey
3 bananas
flax

I haven;t put in amounts as you should really do that once you decide on your calorie content..

At the moneent I am not really cutting but kinda hlaf cutting as my bf is going up too much.. Hell I was only on 3800 and it was creeping to high so I am lowering carbs a touch and cutting them out towards the last part of the day..

Just eat ! When your hungry eat !

pr3
05-31-2001, 10:15 PM
Thanks Hulk.

The reason I haven't been on the site as much is because I am doing more talking with guys at the gym...learning a lot from them.

I appreciate you giving me your routine because sometimes I am clueless as to what to eat. However, as of now, I am not disciplined on writing down calorie intake or knowing if the food I'm eating is a carbo or protein. All I know is that I will try to eat every 2 to 2 1/2 hours--If I hear my stomach growl, then I know I'm in trouble....so I try to prevent that from happening.tuttut

Thanks again.:)

beercan
06-01-2001, 06:22 AM
Add half a gallon of whole milk a day. It'll be much cheaper, and better, than whatever BS supplement is currently the fad.

Chris Rodgers
06-01-2001, 09:25 PM
LMAO@ Beercan's signature!

heathj
06-02-2001, 12:13 AM
pr3, did you get some friends at the gym?

Yaz
06-02-2001, 07:14 AM
I don't even have friends at the gym really! Though I'm just mean and unsociable lately. People tend to stay away from the kid who, in clothes, may appear to be juicing since he has expanded so much in two and a half months. Though out of my clothes, they'd see the only juicing have been doing is the grease from steaks. Anyway, great to hear pr3. Still, I would be careful who I take advice from. If you are not sure about something, ask here too. A lot of people aren't half as smart as they think they are at gyms.

I once had this huge, ripped up mofo ask me:

"That energy drink work good for you?"

Referring to my Protein Shake of course, post workout. :rolleyes:

pr3
06-02-2001, 09:27 PM
Thanks Yaz.

Heathj, yeah I've made a few friends in fact. I've gotten very comfortable going to the gym now. It's more of a social gathering---but I still work out great though! So I have been pushing myself to talk, just talk and try to build relationships. So far, it's working. That's one of the reasons I haven't been on here lately.

I did get a guy tell me he was going on juice the other day. He's one of the regulars. he's big, but he's got to lean down, but he wants to get bigger. I try to persuade him not to, but he was like, "I'm 36 yrs old, I can't ever get a good body natural..."

So what does this mean? Is it impossible to have a great 'natural' body after 35?

Maki Riddington
06-02-2001, 09:38 PM
Lazy bastard!
PR3 is da man:)

pr3
06-08-2001, 09:49 PM
I'm DA MAN! WOO-HOO!:D