PDA

View Full Version : Help with eating in school

The_Blackstar
08-14-2002, 01:43 AM
Ok, heres my problem. Durring the summer I have begun to consume about six meals a day. School starts friday. This means that after breakfast, ( 7:00 a.m.), I only get to eat one meal untill 3:00 p.m. This will be a pain in the a$s because I will have to eat four meals before bed in order to get in my six meals.

Now to the main question. What is a quick, easy, high protien food that I can take to school and eat between classes that will at least sort of count as a small meal? Please to not reccomend tuna as this is not practicle in the least for eating at school.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Puttn
08-14-2002, 06:37 AM
why not a protein bar.. you could also take turkey jerkey those are really easy to eat in school and taste good.... take a shaker bottle with whey protein.. say you have to use the restroom fill it up shake it drink it go back

stantheman
08-14-2002, 07:25 AM
Protien bar or meal replacement bar. You can eat thenm between classes. Why would school start on a Friday?

bradley
08-14-2002, 08:18 AM
Protien bar, MRP, or maybe just a sandwich. When I was in school we would get like a 10 minute break after a couple of classess, and this would be a perfect time to eat a sandwich.

Sandwich midmorning
school lunch
protein bar or MRP in the afternoon

Shao-LiN
08-14-2002, 09:28 AM
My university starts on a Friday every fall quarter too.

RainerG9
08-14-2002, 09:39 AM
the best option is a protein bar or MRP.

However, this might be a bit expensive on a daily basis. You can also have a ham-and-cheese sandwich if u dont like tuna. you can find many low fat hams/cheese, and put in ur sandwich as many slices as u need to get enough protein.

By the way, why isnt tuna practicle for school? what i used to do was take a can or two of tuna with me, some slices of bread or cooked rice, and have them when i had a break. it doesnt take long to prepare, nor eat. or u can just make a tuna sandwich so that its already prepared.

GIS
08-14-2002, 09:41 AM
I always ate during class because I always had good relationships with my teachers and most didn't mind.

Besides, if they say you cant either tell 'em your diabetic and/or that eating is one of the three necessities for sustaining life so who is the teacher to tell you that you can't. :) I pulled the same thing back in elemenary school with going to the bathroom.... it's bullshit when you have to wait 2 hours to go when you're lik 8 years old.

stantheman
08-14-2002, 11:25 AM
My school starts on a tuesday, that is kinda weird too, I guess.

Puttn
08-14-2002, 12:41 PM
freshman year college starts the 26th.. im just stocking my room w/ protein bars and canned tuna and chicken... also lots of egg beaters

The_Blackstar
08-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by RainerG9
the best option is a protein bar or MRP.

However, this might be a bit expensive on a daily basis. You can also have a ham-and-cheese sandwich if u dont like tuna. you can find many low fat hams/cheese, and put in ur sandwich as many slices as u need to get enough protein.

By the way, why isnt tuna practicle for school? what i used to do was take a can or two of tuna with me, some slices of bread or cooked rice, and have them when i had a break. it doesnt take long to prepare, nor eat. or u can just make a tuna sandwich so that its already prepared.

Dont get me wrong, I like tuna(eat about 4 cans a day) But we only get 5 minuite breaks between classes, and that would mean I would need to

1. Open up a nasty smelling can of tuna in the halls

2. Either choke it down right there or make it into a sandwich. No table. Just make it right there in the hall which is extreemly crowded with kids trying to get to class.

3. Get to class

4. Be known to all the ladies as the guy who always eats tuna between class and has bad breath.

:p

LAM
08-14-2002, 02:32 PM
The_Blackstar...make tuna sandwhiches, they are almost a perfect meal...

1 can of tuna (average 6.5 oz can)

cals fat carb protein

150 1 0 33

2 slices 100% Whole wheat bread

180 3 34 8

2 tablespoons of natty pb

200 16 6 8

cals total 530, protein 49 grams, carbs 40 grams, fats 20 grams

GIS
08-14-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by The_Blackstar

Dont get me wrong, I like tuna(eat about 4 cans a day) But we only get 5 minuite breaks between classes, and that would mean I would need to

1. Open up a nasty smelling can of tuna in the halls

2. Either choke it down right there or make it into a sandwich. No table. Just make it right there in the hall which is extreemly crowded with kids trying to get to class.

3. Get to class

4. Be known to all the ladies as the guy who always eats tuna between class and has bad breath.

:p

5. Make sandwiches that morning and bring them to school already made.

6. Get several 20 oz water bottles that are empty, put a serving of protein powder in it so it's just hte powder in the bottle. When at school, fill the water bottle up with water, seal the lid, shake, and drink. Take two to school like this.

7. Bring protein bars

.... this stuff isn't hard. Just get creative- I utilized all the above strategies in high school and it worked perfectly.

Puttn
08-14-2002, 03:48 PM
how long can protein powder stay mixed with water ina bottle before it goes bad?

Manveet
08-14-2002, 04:00 PM
here's what I did in highschool, brought food and ate it in my class, teachers didn't say a word to me about it.

GIS
08-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Puttn
how long can protein powder stay mixed with water ina bottle before it goes bad?

Doesn't matter if you're talking about having it at school. Just have the dry powder in a bottle and add water from a water fountain.

In reference to your question, I doubt it would hurt if it was mixed for half a day or a day. I used to mix several in water bottles and threw them in my fridge. That way I already had my day's shakes already mixed and cold.

Puttn
08-15-2002, 06:15 AM
Thanks Gis

RainerG9
08-15-2002, 06:39 AM
Hey The_Blackstar, sorry didnt know you have such a short break.

I agree with LAM, take a sandwich from home.

The_Blackstar
08-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Guys, thanks for all the great ideas. What would I do without WBB?:D :D :D :D